Intervention

Fred enters the Cotta-Arc home and goes straight into the kitchen. Terra and Saphron look over to Fred, some smiles on their faces.

Saphron: Was that blast you?

Fred: Yeah.

Terra: You...you just saved all of us.

Fred: Sure.

Fred finds a bottle of cider and dips his flask into it, filling it to the brim. He takes a large gulp of the drink and puts the bottle away before walking out of the kitchen towards the back door.

Saphron: Are you...ok? You seem kinda-

Fred: I'm not. Doubt I'll ever be.

Everyone else walks into the house and stares directly at Fred. The news is currently on which the Cotta-Arc family were watching when Fred walked in.

Fred: What?

Yang: What was that?

Fred: What was what?

Yang: What you did to Adam?!

Terra: Wait, who's-

The News comes back onto the TV. Image of the battle are shown along with Adam's face.

News Reporter: During the battle, wanted terrorist, Adam Taurus was found and attacked two unnamed huntresses. The fight eventually lead to another battle with Mistral huntsmen, Frederic Scorch, in which he finished the fight. Taurus was found dead at the scene in a...brutal fashion to much to show here on the air.

Terra: Oh...that.

Yang: Yeah. That. What were you thinking?

Fred: I was thinking I was doing my job! He wanted people to think he was a monster, then I put the monster down! (Everyone is horrified) It's evident that no prison could hold his...ferocity. And I'm not letting that MAD MAN out into the wild again!

Jaune: You killed him!

Fred: And he's kill thousands of us! Humans, Faunus! The man is a textbook psychopath! And with everyone SO intent on victory, it's evident to me. NONE of her lieutenants can be left alive! We've seen there capabilities! We can't afford that! As a Guardian, it is my job to protect this planet from ANY harm! By any means! That includes the emotional wreck of a person that bastard was!

Ember: Look who's talking!

Fred: What?!

Ember: Fred, YOU are the emotional wreck! Look at you man! Look at what you did to Adam!

Fred: He had it coming!

Leia: Fred! You tore off him in half! You cut out his eyes! You threatened to ANNIHILATE Argus!!! THAT is not what we do?!

Fred: She...is risking the survival of our planet over her FUCKING EGO! If I had half the mind I kill her now and get it over with! If it means absolute victory! I mean, that's what you guys wanted right?! Kill Salem, kill her lieutenants and get this whole thing over with?! Well, we're doing it! I mean, (chuckles) after all, we do things (looks at Ruby) OUR way.

Ruby just has a look of fear over her face. Her own words turned against her. Everyone remains still and silent. Finally, Yang walks up.

Yang: Fred...you're starting to scare us. This isn't you! This isn't who you are!

Fred: Says-

Yang: Stop! Just stop! YOU are going to listen for a change! I've been there. You need to find an outlet for that anger. You can't just take it out on everyone! I...I did. And it drove people away. We can't have that to you. We need you. I need you.