Training Days

Yang wakes up in her room from a goodnight sleep with Fred. She feels around her bed but doesn't feel anyone else in with her. She assumes Fred has already awaken and sits up on her bed. She looks to the robotic arm and sighs to herself.

Down in the kitchen, Fred is washing dishes while Taiyang is outside doing yard work around the house. As Fred is washing dishes, two arms wrap around his waist, one organic the other cybernetic.

Fred: Well, that's new.

Yang: I know. It fits perfectly.

Fred: I was talking about the wart on your thumb but the metal arm is cool too.

Yang: What?!

Yang lets go to see if the wart is true. However, Fred takes advantage of the lie and spins around places his hands on Yang's waist and pulls her a bit closer to him and laughs.

Fred: Got ya.

Yang: Jerk.

Yang playfully hits Fred away a bit as both laugh.

Fred: I, uh, made you some breakfast but it's properly cold.

Yang turns to see eggs, bacons, toast with some butter nearby and a glass of milk. She walks over and sits down. She waves both her new arm and the organic one over the food and can feel the cold coming off them with both hands.

Yang: Yeah, it's a little cold.

Fred walks over and ignites some fire. He makes a finger run and the flames move to the tip of his fingers and he begins to heat the wood like a welder.

Fred: There you go.

Yang: That was new!

Fred: Pick up a thing or two while out in the field. Like how to heat up breakfast.

Yang moves her robotic arm and caresses Fred's face. A mixture of love and a bit uncomforted appear on his face. Yang pulls her arm back.

Yang: It's cold. Isn't?

Fred: A little. But, hey. I'll get used to it.

Yang: You sure?

Fred: Yeah.

He leans down and pecks her forehead.

Fred: I'll be outside with your dad.

Fred walks outside the house to assist with Taiyang. Yang begins to eat her food.

_________________________________________________________

In the front yard of the house, Taiyang is watering his bed of sunflowers. Yang comes out, wearing the robotic arm. She uses it automatically to shade her eyes from the sun, and then looks down at the metal hand interestedly, moving the fingers around. Taiyang stands.

Taiyang: Okay. Let's get started.

Fred smiles and walks over to the two.

Fred: I'll run through some house chores.

Taiyang: Thanks, Fred.

Fred walks off as Taiyang and Yang begin to enter a battle stance.

Taiyang: Alright. Remember just like before.

Yang lunges at her father and throws two direct punches. Taiyang roundhouse kicks and the two begin a fight.

Fred reenters the house and begins to clean the entire building while watching Yang once and a while.