Wake Up Call

Fred slowly stood up, surrounded by a large jungle. The tropical air filled his nostrils. He cracked his neck and glanced down. The bird calls echoed in his ear. But still nothing. He finally saw her next. Leia, on the ground nearby, face in the dirt. He quickly ran over to her. Fred knelt down and began to shake her.

Fred: Leia? Leia!!

Leia stumbled a little, waking up by force. She cleared her throat and slowly sat up in Fred's arms.

Leia: Yeah, yeah. I'm here.

Fred sighed in relief. A small smile came over his face. Leia winced in pain slightly. Fred glanced down and saw a few scratches and cuts along Leia's leg.

Fred: Careful!

Leia nodded quickly. Fred looked over her wound gently, making sure no extra cuts were present. He took a deep breath and activated his powers. His entire arm burned bright red thanks to the Guardian's might. Slowly, he moved his hand down and waved it over the wound. Slowly but surely, Leia's wound was cauterized within seconds. Fred deactivated his power and stood up, offering a hand to her. Leia grabbed it without a second thought.

Fred: Easy does it.

Leia: I know, I know. I...don't feel much of anything, really.

Fred: Meaning?

Leia: No pain. Feels fine.

Fred raised an eyebrow as Leia walked around normally.

Leia: Bigger question is, are you feeling any different?

Fred: Why me?

Leia: Because that glow was way more intense. (She looks at her leg.) Healed me, too. Not just patch the wound, healed my muscles.

Fred: Now that you mention it.

Fred flicked his wrist again, illuminating his arm. Forming a fist, the inferno blazes stronger. His eyes light up bright red, energy emerging from them. He turns around, the fire spreading over his body, forming his Guardian Armor in an instant. Leia walks over to him, examining the situation.

Leia: Fred?

Fred is shocked out of this moment. He shakes his head and the armor fades away.

Fred: Sorry.

Leia: Feeling alright?

Fred: Yeah. Definitely...different I will say.

Leia: How?

Fred: Stronger. Much stronger.

Fred shook his head.

Fred: Doesn't matter now. We need to find Yang. And Jaune. Then, figure out wherever the hell we are.

Leia: Up, up and away?

Fred: That's what I was thinking.

Leia walked behind Fred as he bent his leg ever so slightly. Leia wrapped her arms around Fred's neck and latched onto his back. Fred activated his armor once again and arose to the skies. Flying above the tree line and into the air, their eyes went wide as they saw the landscape. A massive series of hexagonal islands surrounding a massive tree. The islands went as far and as wide as the eye could see. Fred's mouth stayed agape as he took it all in.

Leia: Wow...well...we certainly aren't in Remnant anymore.

Fred: Yeah. No kidding.

Leia glanced over at Fred. Still silent, eyes still looking over everything they could see.

Leia: You ok?

Fred: Yeah. Just processing.

Leia: Not the weirdest stuff we've seen.