Finals

In the Amity Coliseum, The finalist have all lined up, ready to fight.

Port: (over the broadcasting system) Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The one-on-one finals!

In the center of the battlefield's stage, Yang Xiao Long smirks confidently as the camera pans down the line of final fighters. Next to her is Fred then Sun Wukong, Penny Polendina, Mercury Black, and the troubled Pyrrha at the other end of the line.

Port: (back in the announcer's box with his co-host) Barty, why don't you explain the rules?

Oobleck: Ah, it's quite simple, Peter. Instead of a bracket system, each round of the finals will be randomly determined immediately before the match takes place!

Port: Much like any good hunt, there will be zero time to prepare!

Oobleck: Ah, yes, yes! Now, let's see who our first match will be!

The energetic doctor points out to the screens above the stadium as the roulette starts spinning, this time for competitors instead of biomes. The "random selection" is watched by the owner of the Crow Bar, a group of Human and Faunus kids, the visitors and workers at the Cross Continental Transmit System, before it gets back from the worldwide audience glimpses to reveal the first showdown.

Port: Yang Xiao Long and Mercury Black!

Ruby: (cupping her hands to make sure her encouragement is heard from her spot alongside RWBY, JNPR, and SSSN) Break a leg, sis!

Port: Would all other combatants please leave the stage!

The rest of the lineup does so, and Fred stops next to Yang.

Fred: You got this.

Yang: I know.

Fred makes his way into the security box and joins his team.

May: She ready?

Fred: Oh yeah she is.

Yang starts walking up to Mercury in the middle as the floor around them opens once more, with a ring of spotlights rising up to automatically fix their lights on the remaining two.

Yang: (smiling) You better not go easy on me.

Mercury: (laughing darkly) You wish.

Both brawlers face the crowds one last time, then slowly start advancing on each other, arms raised defensively until their hands can almost touch, as the final countdown commences.

Port: Three! Two! One! Begin!

Immediately, Yang throws a punch, and Mercury spins his foot to meet it, creating a shockwave between the weapons that launches him back. He closes the distance quickly and aims at her feet with his boot, but she leaps over it and fires off a shot of her Ember Celica that he rotates to avoid. They fight fist-to-fist for a moment, Yang getting in a fiery blast on her opponent at the cost of him also landing a blow on her. She falls back on her feet when Mercury shoots himself into the air to get farther away from her, looking up and smiling.

Yang doesn't relent for a second, launching shot after shot only for Mercury to dodge each of them, sliding around the stage on clouds of air until he attempts to come down on her with his leg. She blocks and pushes away the attack, but he goes under her shotgun burst and manages to land a kick on her, though she still lands in a crouch, now grimacing. She launches forward with a double blast and continues landing blow after blazing blow on him, right up to when he roundhouse kicks her in the back and attempts to hit her with his heel.