Does this bring you joy? If not, we can burn it!

When something's broke we don't throw it away,
We try to fix it up again.
Duct tape and super glue,
Can make something as good as new again.

Don't bury me until I'm dead.
Don't give up until the end.
It might be a dark dark night,
But the sun it just might rise again.

You hummed along to the song coming from your laptop as you dug through your stuff. Today, you were doing some cleaning and was hoping to throw out some things. Specifically things that Tiger and Damien had given you back when you were friends. Yes, Tiger was dead, and you were..sort of talking to Damien again. Kinda. That still didn't change your history with them, so you needed to get rid of these reminders of your ex friends. Of the people who treated you so badly. It didn't take long to find the dusty or wrinkled unused things.

A Superman Snuggie.

A pink Batman plushie.

some comics that weren't valuable, you checked.

A Falling in Reverse t shirt.

Shoving them unceremoniously into a plastic bag, you paused when someone knocked on your door. "...yeah?" "It's Jewel!" Oh, okay cool. You weren't sure who else you'd be expecting. The homicidal stalker had you on edge. You walked over to the door and pulled it open, smiling warmly at the awkwardly looking girl clutching her own bag. "Did you grab everything?" You asked her, and Jewel bit her lip, nodding. You reached out and gently squeezed her shoulder. "You don't have to do this. It's okay.." "No, I..I want to." You studied her face, just to be sure, and then nodded and checked your phone. 6 pm. "Okie dokie. The others are waiting. Let's go."

The two of you walked through South Park, heading towards the woods. You had your bag slung over your shoulder and music softly playing from the cat headphones around your neck. Jewel was trailing behind you, her eyes wandering. You doubted that Cadence ever really went around town, except maybe to the mall. You glanced back at her as you thought this, "What'cha think of the place?" "It's..different from Crested Butte. They're both small towns, but this is...different, somehow." You nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I-" "You used to live here, right? What was the like?"

Hoo boy.

And it's never too late to do something new.
If you don't give up on life,
Then it won't give up on you.
It's never too late to do something new.

You faced ahead again and shrugged your shoulders. "...not that different from it is now, actually. I don't know if it's amazing or pathetic how little everyone has changed. Sometimes I look around and it feels like time just froze here. South Park is still full of shitty, irresponsible grown ups, vulgar kids, and assholes named Eric Bitchass Cartman. It's a hellhole filled with shit, where shitty people go to be shitty to each other and themselves." Yet part of you did love it here. You paused outside the woods. "Okay, we'll be there in a few minutes. Just to check again, you're sure you Wanna do this? Like, SURE sure?" "I..yeah." You started to go into the woods, but Jewel grabbed your wrist. You blinked and looked back at her with your head tilted. She pulled her hand back and looked down at her shoes sheepishly.

"...I just..I'm sorry. For how Cadence always treated you and how I never stopped her and even joined in. I wanted so desperately to be popular and not to be one of her targets...and that's not an excuse, I really am sorry. Thank you for..I..." She adjusted her own back, shuffling slightly. You smiled softly, sliding your bag onto your wrist before clasping her hands. "Hey, it's okay. Seriously. I have no place to judge you, you saw my file. We've been in the same place." Jewel looked at you, and you swore she was blinking away some tears? You understood. The day you stopped wanting to be Cartman's shadow..it was both horrifying and empowering. One of the scariest things you'd ever done. Jewel squeezed your hands gently.

"I just want you to know..I'm lucky to have you so willing to give me a chance. You're a badass, Y/N L/N. You're the real thing. I don't know anyone else like you."

At that, you laughed. Not in a mean way, you just..didn't believe it. No, you didn't think she was lying, just that you weren't all those things. It almost made you feel bad, like you were tricking her somehow. Keeping hold of one of Jewel's hands, you led her into the woods. Wendy, Red, the vamp girls, and Henrietta were waiting for you with a bone fire ready. You skipped over to it and turned to face Jewel. "Today, we throw away anything Cadence gave you that does not bring you joy, and we burn it."

With those words, you took the plushie out of your bag and yeeted it into the fire.

You're not too old, you're not too young.
You're not dead yet so don't give up.
We can build ourselves the world we want,
We can make a world we love.

Tonight might be a dead moon night but,
That just makes the stars so bright.
We still got hope we still got fight,
And a new moon's gonna rise.