Your friends heavily judge your taste in men

Lunch period.

Your last period of the day. Thank FUCK.

You planned to go to Crested Butte once school let out and eating there, so you didn't even bother to get anything at the school. Mitch sat beside you, nervously talking about his date after school, making you giggle. "Dude, dude, deep breaths." You gently patted his arm, which was like three times the size of your hand. "You've got this in the bag. You and Butters are gonna be THE cutest couple in South Park, I swear." "I agree." Wendy sat at your table and smiled, Red with her. The three of you got to work trying to boost Mitch's confidence.

"Hey you."

You looked up from Mitch to see Craig and some spastic looking blonde. Craig flipped you off, and you returned it. "Oh, hey." "You doing anything better from your weird ass freak out yesterday?" Right, he was in the nurses office with you. "C-Craig says you were p-practically-ack!-catatonic!" Blonde boy said, tugging at his hair. "I-Is something wrong with you?!" "Uh...no, no..I.." Oh jeez, he was freaking out. You sighed and stood up, gently placing a hand on his shoulder. "Dude, dude! Look at me and take deep breaths."

And he did.

"I'm fine. You have nothing to worry about. Just concentrate on the weight of my hand and chill."

And slowly...he did.

The others found this interesting. Craig cocked a brow but then just gave a shrug. "So...you spoke to McWhoremick?" "Huh? Oh...yeah. I did. It got kind of weird though, and I've kind of been avoiding him since Tuesday..." Craig was silent as you said that, eyeing you. Then he sighed, crossing his arms. "You like him."

"I...what?"

"Stop."

What..was going on?

Craig continued, "Look, don't get me wrong. Kenny is a good guy. We're friends and I like him, but he's also a dumbass who would never, in a million years take a relationship seriously." "Craig is right, (Y/N)." Wendy spoke up, giving you a look of concern. You were 100% being judged for crushing on Kenny now. You hadn't even realized you were crushing on him...? "Kenny is a massive pervert, and if he was flirting with you, I can tell you that pretty much none of it was serious." "Well, I think they'd be cute." Now it was Red, who was giggling a little. You turned to Mitch for help, but he just shrugged. Romance, as you already knew, wasn't one of his strong points. You sighed, awkwardly running a hand through your hair. "Uh, guys? I'm already avoiding him. Our conversation Tuesday got..weird and awkward. So don't worry about it, okay? Even if I was crushing on Kenny, which I'm not sure I even am, it's not happening."

While Red pouted, Wendy and Craig seemed happy with your comment and dropped the subject. You put your music on and put your attention back on Mitch and his upcoming date.

Oh, I'm afraid of the things in my brain,
But we can stay here,
And laugh away the fear.

Numb.
Fine.
You create a rarity of my genuine smiles.

So breathe,
Breathe with me.
Can you drink all my thoughts,
Cause I can't stand them.
Ooh, oh
O-oh, oh, oh...