Mysterion gets the wrong idea

Mysterion had waited a good half hour before peering into your window, giving you enough time to change into your PJs. Sure, Kenny McCormick was a massive pervert but..he respected you too much to look in on you changing. He just wanted to check on you, that was all. After what had happened not even an hour ago..

Christ, his heart was still racing.

Mysterion couldn't believe he'd actually pulled a stunt like that. He didn't regret it, not a damn bit, it was just..surprising. That was something his civilian self would do, not..not the hero. He also couldn't believe you'd actually let him do it. That you'd returned the kiss. Sure, there'd been...more than a few moments between the two of you, but..damn.

You were laying on the floor, listening to some soft lofi music. A smile played on your lips and he felt one growing on his own. Again Mysterion found himself thinking back to what you'd said to him at the funeral. He would continue to show you his friendship and love, no matter what.

You giggle at something, and the hero felt heat bloom in his chest. God, he must have been grinning like a total idiot. Mysterion turned from your window, relieved to know you were alright after Coon's temper tantrum, and jumped down from the fire escape. Now, he needed to return to the Freedom Pal's lair. Make sure Coon was taken care of adequately.

The lair was empty when he arrived. Coon might have been giving them more trouble than expected, or they dropped his fat ass off at the police station. Mysterion silently made his way towards his station, his footsteps echoing through the room. Almost instantly, his eyes landed on the photograph on his desk.

Someone had messed with it.

A frown tugging at his lips, he picked it up and scanned it over. There was a small, wallet sized photo tucked into the left corner.

Douchebag.

The old Douchebag.

She looked so different, her (h/c) hair cut neatly, and she wore a unicorn sweater. Mysterion reaches up, running a hand over the picture before setting it down, a soft growl escaping his throat.

Somebody was messing with him.