Now that's more like it, a therapeutic talk with your dear friend

I don't want to judge,
What's in your heart,
But if you're not ready for love,
How can you be ready for life?

You opened your eyes and immediately regretted it as you saw you feet dangling hundreds of feet in the air. Screaming, you grabbed onto the nearest object and squeezed your eyes shut. Your current 'cuddle buddy' gave a laugh.

"You're still scared of heights, (Y/N)? C'mon, you're fine."

That voice.

You slowly lifted your head, cracking an eye open. Looking down at you with a shit eating grin was August Sinclair, his brown eyes twinkling with amusement, wind ruffling his short black hair. "It's just a ride." Looking, you saw he was right. It was one of those big swing ride at carnivals and amusement parks.

You hated them.

You hated heights.

But as you hung on to your best friend, your face pressed against his dirty old leather jacket, you started to realize that this was actually kind of fun. You even started giggling, which made him laugh. "See? You're fine, (Y/N). Just way to stressed. Like, hella stressed." He gave a wink and your blood ran cold. His face was..flickering. His pink, warm, freckle covered face, and a skull. "Stress kills people, ya know."

You jerked away from him and clung to the arm of your seat. August just laughed and settled into his own, casting his eyes up at the sky.

"They're right, you know. You worry about the past too much."

August was dead. You'd been at his funeral earlier today. Seen his parents, his coffin. How could you have forgotten?

"People like you the way you are now, (Y/N). Timmy even said he likes you better now. So don't worry about when you were little. Just focus on now. And that includes telling your little boyfriend~"

As he spoke, August lowered his head, eyeing the growing line for the ride. You followed his gaze and saw familiar faces. Timmy, Wendy, Mitch, Sprinkles, Kenny... As if sending your stare, he looked up to meet your gaze, and he began to flicker too. Kenny, Mysterion, Kenny. "Timmy is right. If he finds out any other way, it's not gonna be pretty, (Y/N). So tell him. What's holding you back, fear? Fear is stupid in the face of love. Not to sound mushy as fuck." You opened your mouth to say that you do NOT love Kenny McCormick, but August held up a hand to stop you. "You do love him. You loved him before you loved me, you just..didn't know it yet. Too little to really understand love, ya know?"

You looked away, turning August's words over in your head.

You'd always loved Kenny?

"...Yeah. I think you're right. I do love Kenny."

You turned to face August again, only to see that he was gone. In his place sat the blonde haired boy you had stupidly fallen in love with, giving you a smile, his blue eyes soft.

So let's love fully,
And let's love loud.
Let's love now,
'Cause soon enough we'll die.