Honestly coffee is gross, especially black coffee

It was late when you and the boys left the arcade, laughing and sore from the DDR and Clyde having tripped over his own feet and falling on his face earlier. This really had made you feel a lot better after everything, but sadly the fun times were over, and you had to go back to school. Back to your room. Alone with your thoughts. As you lay in bed, face buried in a pillow, you wished for any sort of distraction.

Somebody knocked on the door.

"Come!" You called, lodging your head. You immediately regretted it as Henrietta Biggle walked in. Great. You sat up, frowning. "Go away. I'm not in the mood for your shit." "...I wanted to invite you to get coffee." Henrietta said, avoiding your eyes, "...I'm sorry for...how I've been treating you. It was...petty."

Well, this just got awkward.

"...we're going to Denny's. Do you want to come?"

"....will the little one threaten to stab me again?"

"Firkle will Leave you alone." Henrietta replied and you weighed your options for a few seconds before pushing yourself off the bed. "Alright. But I'm not changing, so you're stuck with me in jeans and a band shirt for Pat the bunny. Sorry for throwing off the spooky aesthetic, but I'm just not feeling up to dressing up right now." "...that's fair." Henrietta sighed and turned, leaning your dorm room. You followed her out, grabbing your bag on the way. Henrietta led you out to her car, which used to belong to her mother. The other goths sat on the good, and each gave you an awkward greeting before everyone climbed in.

You made sure Pete sat between you and Firkle. You didn't trust that little shit as far as you could throw him, and you could probably throw him pretty far. You stared out the window as Henrietta turned on the music.

They come back out,
They come back in,
People are so,
Full of sin.
Who are these people,
Bleeding from the mouth?
They'd probably stick the knife in,
If God came back down!
Children of the Night!
Pray we get this right!
Children of the Night!
Pray with all your might!

Everyone was silent as Henrietta drove, the air in the car tense. Somebody had to say something, so you inhaled and tried your best. "...yo, did you know they're releasing another Twilight book?"

The car filled with groans.

"Another one?? It's been how many years??"

"Great. A new wave of vampire wannabes."

"Twilight can suck my goth balls."

God, Firkle was weird.

"The books were bad, but the movies were a hundred times worse." Michael said from the passengers side, shaking his head, "" "Ya know, I..I can't..oh my god." Pete tried but you could only laugh. "Is that your best twilight impression?" Which made the rest of the cat break into laughter.

Okay. This wasn't so bad.

Henrietta parked the car in the Denny's parking lot, and the group climbed out, you all still just dumping on Twilight.

"I..I'm just..a normal girl.."

"You gotta bite your lip. Now blank stare. Perfect."

"Are..are you a...v-vampire?"

"Yes, see? I'm sparking, I'm sparking."

You laughed, holding the door open for them and following them to the booth. "Nonono, you gotta be next to him all...Say it. Out loud."

And that just made them erupt into laughter, garnering confused looks, especially from the waitress who usually served the goths. All they usually did before was Bitch and complain. Laughing was..new. And weird. She came over, eyeing you all warily, and asked for your orders. The goths all got black coffee. You ordered nachos and a milkshake. They stared at you, but you returned their gaze until they all glanced away. You'd won.

"That's not very goth.." Firkle muttered, and you shrugged. "I'm hungry, sue me. Also if you ever pull a knife on me again, I'll punt you on the football field." "Score a touch down with me." His response made you let out a wheezy laugh. "You have a deal."

If you'd glanced out the window, you'd have seen the green question mark bobbing in the wind outside.