Woah, okay, THAT just happened

Once you were on the roof of the girl's dorms at South Park high school, Mysterion gingerly set you down and began going through his belt. You honestly shouldn't have been surprised when he pulled out things like disinfectant and bandages. He took this hero thing seriously, after all. He was nice enough to turn your headphone speakers on to try and keep you distracted from the pain.

"This is going to sting a little." Mysterion said, dropping the Christian Bale voice for once. Now he spoke in a tone that you would have described as soft, were it not for that slight edge just barely breaking into it. You winced as he began tending your wounds, but didn't pull away or make a noise. He kept his eyes on the cuts, his hands slow and precise, making sure to clean them completely before applying the bandages.

Ninja turtle bandaids. Why weren't you surprised.

"And just when my week was starting so well."

"Oh? Did you have a good date?"

Though he tried to sound uninterested, you could hear the edge growing in Mysterion's voice. Right, you'd forgotten that Kenny knew about that. Clyde had flat out told him. "Nah, the date didn't really happen. We got to the restaurant and Clyde talked a bit before realizing that I just wasn't interested. He handled it really well, actually." "...I'm glad." Mysterion nodded, checking the bandages. He was quiet now, and you wondered if maybe he wasn't sure about his handiwork. "Everything okay there, nurse?" You tried to crack a joke.

And swallowed your words when he first lifted your arm and pressed his lips to the bandaid, then did it again with your ankle. Your face was bright red and he smirked just slightly. "There. You should be okay.." "Thanks.." You stammered out softly, looking away to hide your face, which was only growing redder by the second. Instead, you turned your gaze to the stars, which were starting to peek out from behind the clouds. "Oh, wow..I love the stars." You told him, smiling just a little, "They're always the same, no matter where I go or I'm taken to. Like a friend I can always count on." This felt a lot like that night, years ago.

Now was the perfect time..

'Cause honey I'll wait for you,

in the morning.

And even if the sun don't rise from the night,

Even if the whole world falls in the ocean,

You and I would both float on,

with the tide.

And that's the way I feel.

And that's the way I feel when I'm with you.

"Oh. There's a shooting star." Mysterion pointed outs. "Make a wish." "...I wish I could stay here. With you, and Karen, and Wendy and the vamp kids and everyone. Minus some issues..things here have been nice. I like it here." You said, watching at the star twinkled then faded into the dark sky. "What did you wish for?"

He would tell you his wish, and then..you'd tell him the truth. Then figure out where to go from there.

It wasn't as hard as your anxiety made it out to be, you were sure.

But he didn't answer.

Brow furrowed, you turned to face your hillbilly hero and saw that he wasn't staring at the stars in the sky, he was staring at you. You gave a thin smile, "Mystery boy? You got a wish?" He didn't answer, just reached out and slowly cupped your cheek in his gloved hand. Your breath caught in your throat and you could feel your heart pounding in your chest. He stared at you with this gentle expression, but a glint of determination in his eyes. He moved his thumb along your cheek, and then finally closed the gap between you two by pressing his lips to yours. His kiss was firm, but not forceful, giving you ample opportunity to pull back of you wanted to.

Which you didn't.

Instead you melted against him, returning the kiss without even meaning to. Your hand slid into his free hand, while the one he'd used to hold your face moved into your hair as his lips turned into a smirk against yours. After a few more seconds, he pulled away and let out a chuckle that rumbled in his chest as he rested his forehead against yours. His eyes were such a brilliant blue, with small speckles of grey in them that almost looked like silver. They practically glowed in the night and oh god you loved him.

"I just got my wish."

———————————

Oh I don't know what I am doooo-iiiiing