Special chapter 1: TFBH version

"We know you're upset about having to move again, (Y/N), but we promise this will be the last time."

That's what your grandparent's said about Crested Butte, and now look where you were. Sure, you understood the reason for the move. Your parents had found out where you'd lived, and this was all to keep you safe. And sure, you were still in Colorado, and sure, it was only a few hours drive to Crested Butte. None of that was really too bad. But to move so soon after August had...run away. It felt wrong. What would he think when he came back and you weren't there? Would he think you abandoned him? Would he be angry at you? Would he even care at all?

Sometimes, despite all the kind words and the promises, it felt like nobody actually cared if you were around or not. If you moved or not? Did those kids from your 4th grade school care when you moved away? It had only been two years, but sometimes you struggled to remember their names and faces. Even..

"The movers already got everything inside." Your nana's voice cut through your thoughts, "Don't worry about unpacking today. Why don't you go look around the neighborhood? Just don't go too far, okay?" "Okay.." The white minivan had parked in front of a house that looked..a little too familiar. You climbed out, tugging at the plaid, pink sweater vest nana had made you wear.

This had been your foster house.

Your mouth suddenly went dry.

This was South Park.

"Hey baby girl, you okay?" Your Papa asked, walking over and bending down to look at you. He was old, of course, about in his 60s. Wore those big glasses that were popular with grandpa types, and always had a ball cap for every day of the week. "You're all pale? Maybe you should lie down instead?"

It dawned on you that..they didn't know. Any visits you had during foster care were out of town, in a bigger city not too far from here. They had absolutely no idea what town they'd moved you to, or what house.

"...no, I'm okay. What time should I be back?" You asked, looking over to Nana. She was usually the law of the house, an older woman in her 50s with short, curly red hair that was starting to grey. She glanced at the clock on her phone. "It's 2 now so..be home by 7 for dinner." "Okay, Love you." You kissed both their cheeks and then started down the street, moving mostly on autopilot.

You couldn't believe you were really back in South Park.

No, seriously. You didn't believe it. And you wouldn't until you saw somebody, anybody, that you used to know. Putting your headphones on, you hit shuffled on your iPod and started further down the street.

They say,

life is strange.

Where do I begin?

"Stay out of my lair, Freedom Fags!" That voice. You wanted to punch it. So very hard. Putting your headphones around your neck, you looked down the street to find three people standing outside a familiar looking house, all of them dressed like total dorks. There was a fat kid in a 'Johnny's first fursuit' raccoon costume, one that just wore protective glasses and a fool belt, and then one in an almost decent purple superhero costume, except the question mark bobble taped to the top of his hood, and the white underwear he wore over his tights. You recognized that one immediately. Mysterion...

Kenny McCormick.

The boy that changed your life.

"You stole our clue!" Kenny angrily yelled in that Christian Bale voice he used. "Well that's your problem! Stay out of my stuff or I'll kick your gay asses!" Then the fat boy, Eric fucking Cartman, pushed past the pair and headed down the street. Kenny and the black haired boy looked at each other, trying to decide what to do. You sighed and slowly made your way over, stepping between the two boys and knocking on the front door of Eric's house. They both blinked when they saw you.

Eric's mother opened the door and you inhaled, putting on your biggest, brightest smile.

"Hi, Mrs. Cartman! I'm Eric's old friends Douchebag!" You used your sweetest, friendliest voice as you spoke. The from the corner of your eye, you saw Kenny's eyes widen. He stared at you, mouth slightly agape. Eric's mother beamed back at you. "Oh my, it's been such a long time, don't you look cute! I'm sorry, but little Eric is out right now!" "That's okay! I actually left something for him to keep safe when I left, and I was hoping to see if he still had it, is that okay?" She didn't even question it. She just held the door open for you. You thanked her and strode inside, going up to Cartman's bedroom. Once in, you went over and opened the window, letting Kenny climb through it once he got up on the roof.

"...Douchebag?"

"It's Y/N, actually. But yeah. Hi."

He was crouching on the window ledge, staring at you. You have him a soft smile, moving AI he could get in. He did so and then startled you by slamming a hand down onto the wall beside your head, affectively cornering you. That wasn't expected. You looked up at him, shrinking a little. "Wha-" "You left. You just left without saying anything. What. Happened."

Hoo boy.

I guess that we've changed,

how have you been?

You glanced away, trying to look at anything but hun. Kenny continued to make this situation even MORE awkward by grabbing your chin with his other hand, making you meet his gaze. His blue eyes looked exactly how you remembered them. Beautiful and strong willed. "Y/N. What happened?" "....Do you remember the day we actually spoke?" You asked him, trying to stop your voice from shaking. Kenny gave a nod. "...how could I forget. That was the only time I ever heard you speak."

"Me too." Your heart was racing, "I think about it every day..nobody cared enough to ask what was wrong with me before. Not sincerely. It made me start thinking and..I...I realized I had to leave. That house was so bad. So I told someone and they took me to my grandparents and they moved me away. You..you saved me." Kenny's breath caught in his throat and his eyes softened after a few seconds. You have an awkward half smile, expecting him to free you now. Instead he leaned down and kissed your forehead-

"Jesus Christ you two! It's bad enough you want to make out NOW, but in CARTMAN's room?!" The black haired boy had climbed up to the roommate.