An awkward confrontation in a high school parking lot 2, electric boogaloo

Henrietta pulled her car back into the South Park high school parking lot and you climb out, smiling slightly.

You weren't sure if you trusted Henrietta and her friends, but either way, this had been nice. Real nice. You'd talked about different goth bands and movies, and Pete had suggested you go thrift shopping with them next weekend. You agreed to go, for now, so long as they didn't try any funny business. Glancing towards the dorms, you noted Damien sitting outside on the curb. His eyes were red and puffy. Great.

Sighing, you told the goths you would see them later and made your way over. It was clear Damien hadn't slept lately. "...Hey, are you okay?" "The fuck do YOU care?" He spat, not looking up at you from his seat on the ground, "I saw those files. You're a fucking fake. I bet you're happy Tiger is dead." "That isn't true!" You snapped back, feeling heat build up in your chest, "I didn't like him, yeah, or you for that matter, and I admit I wished somebody would beat your asses, but I never wanted either of you dead! He didn't deserve that! Nobody deserves that!"

Damien opened his mouth to argue, but saw the sincerity in your eyes and closed it, looking away with a scowl. Sighing, you slowly lower yourself onto the ground, sitting beside him. Damien didn't look at you ask her spoke, "...You've changed." "...I had to if I wanted to survive. Being bitter and angry all the time like you and Tiger was slowly killing me inside, I could feel it." You dig around in your pocket for your headphones. "I still like a lot of the same things and still hold a lot of my old opinions, I just realized that the way you two treated people, and the way you treated me, a supposed friend, wasn't okay. To be blunt, you and Tiger were assholes."

"You're kind of an asshole too, hiding all that stuff that was in your files from everyone."

You wanted to call Damien out for making such a low blow, but..he was right.

You are kind of an asshole.

"....I miss being your friend."

Damien's comment surprised you, and you glanced at him with raised brows. "I...miss being your friend too. But..I can't go back to how things used to be. Not until you knock it off with this toxic, superiority complex bullshit. But...if you need somebody to talk to about Tiger..I'm here."

Damien didn't respond. You held out an earbud to him and he took it, putting it in. You both sat in an almost comfortable silence for a good, long while.

Not that much has changed,

but now I'm actually happy.
I surround myself with friends,

who love and respect me.
My interests have changed,

but seriously that's okay!
I don't have to like the same things

that I liked yesterday.