A moment of clam

The school day was over. You'd given the letters to Token and let him take the responsibility of giving them to the police. You could deal with them another day, for now, he just wanted you to have some peace. Kenny wanted to get you out of town, so you planned to hop the next train and grab some food like you had on your first...date.

Only date, technically, you guessed. So this could be your second!

You and Kenny walked along the tracks, palms pressed together as you used each other for balance, waiting for the train. If you were writing a fic, maybe you'd use this as some sort of allegory about how you both have to rely on each other for safety and love..or some other badly written, cheesy shit.

"Y/N?"

Kenny brought you out of your lame fanfiction thoughts. "Hm?" You hummed in response, glancing at him. "Are you scared?" He paused then and wrinkled his nose, "Stupid question.." "It's okay, I still appreciate you asking...are you?" You asked, entwining your fingers with his. He gave your hand a light squeeze, nodding slightly. "..Yeah. I'm scared for you, and Karen...and anyone in this shit town who doesn't meet this freaks standards." As he spoke the train whistle screeched behind you and you jumped off the tracks, pulling Kenny with you. The sight of him getting shot flashed through your mind for a moment and you found yourself clutching him tightly to your chest. Kenny blinked and chuckled, pressings his lips to your jaw. "Not that I don't absolutely love this, but we're gonna miss the train."

Forcing a laugh you gave him a gentle shove before taking a few steps back and running full tilt towards the train, jumping into one of its open cargo cars. Kenny did the same and plopped down on the floor next to you, taking your hand in his again and peppering your knuckles with kisses. Your heart was fluttering like crazy, and you were starting to calm down finally. ever since that letter on your desk...

You pushed that memory out of your head and dug around in your pocket, grabbing your earbuds. You popped one in and handed the other to Kenny. "You and your music." He chuckled, grabbing your wrist to kiss your palm before taking the earbud and putting it in. So many kisses..

When I get home,I'm tired and tethered.Caught in circles where I have been before.Look at the time,This place is not mine.I feel alive every time I close the door.

"..This isn't too much for you, is it?" You asked, turning the music down. It felt dumb to ask, he'd already done so much already, but still the thought kept cropping up. After all, it was literally just today that you two had even started talking again. "Not just the murder bullshit, I mean. Everything that's happened, with the past and Cartman and-" Kenny had decided yet more kisses was the best way to shut you up. He took your face in his hands and pressed his lips to yours, then pulled back and began peppering softer kisses all over your face.

He was right. This was a very good way to shut you up.

"No, it's not." He finally answered, resting his forehead against yours, "I love you, and as cheesy as it sounds..I want to stay with you. Forever. For the rest of my life." Your heart was pounding in your ears and your face felt so hot. You couldn't stop the breathy, relieved laugh that escaped your lips as you smiled, placing your hands over his as he continued to hold your face. And you sat, just like that, for the rest of the ride, feeling safe and loved with Kenny McCormick.

Here we go,
On the road somewhere.
I don't know but we're,
Going home.
We're gone forever.
Here we go,
On the road somewhere.
I don't know but we're,
Going home.
We're gone forever.

It might be slow,
Look out the window.
I see all strangers, you're not alone.
From your train car,
You're never too far.
The place you're going,

might be right where you are.
Home.

"Here's our stop, princess." Kenny only pulled away to get to his feet, holding a hand out top you. Still feeling giddy, you took his hand and let him pull you up, holding on to it still even as you both hopped off the train.

The minute your feet touched the ground, and despite the October chill, the flowers bloomed.