Special chapter 2: part 1

You had been standing outside Casa Bonita with your grandparents for half an hour. It was your 12th birthday and nobody had shown up yet. Nobody would show up. August was gone, and you were no longer friends with Damien and Tiger. Nobody was coming. You knew this already, and you were getting tired of waiting.

"...can we just go home? Nobody is coming."

"Well.." Your grandfather thought but your grandmother grabbed your hand, pulling you inside.

"Then we'll just have fun, the three of us! And who knows, maybe you'll make some new friends while we're here." They'd spent a lot of money getting these reservations for you. You supposed you shouldn't complain. You let your grandparents lead you inside and you had to admit you were impressed by everything in the massive restaurant. The waterfall, the bands, the shows. Even the food smelt really good. You were taken to a table by a waiter and given drinks. You sipped your soda in silence, not sure how you could pretend to have fun for your grandparents.

As you sat there, looking over the menu with a forced smile and little interest, you happened to glance up and see what you at first thought was a gaggle of goth kids enter the restaurant. Upon further inspection, however, you realized that they were instead the close cousin to goth kids, Vamp kids. You watched them laugh and talk as they made their way inside, and then your eyes landed on the only adult with them. A large man with brown hair and a beard to match, wearing glasses.

"....Mr.  Adams?"

Despite all the of the laughing and shouting and music in the restaurant, he seemed to somehow hear you and glanced over. He looked at you with a head tilt and a furrowed brow before his eyes then widened.

"....Y/N? Y/N L/N?"

He remembered you.

Shit.

You sank in your seat a little as he started making his way over, smiling. Your grandparents recognized him immediately and welcomed him to the table. "Mr. Adams! How are you? What are you doing here?" "Hello, it's so good to see you all again! Y/N, you look so much better." He continued to give you his warm smile before containing, "It's my sons birthday, so I took him and his little friends here." "What a coincidence! It's Y/N's birthday too!" Your grandmother smiled, reaching over to give the back of your neck a loving squeeze. Mr. Adams opened his mouth to say something and then glanced around the table, realizing nobody else was there. You hid your face behind the menu, trying to sound as nonchalant as you said, "Nobody came. It's whatever."

"Oh...well, hey! I have an idea! Why don't you guys come celebrate with us? I think you and Mike would get along." He offered and you hated it. You didn't need pity or to crash someone else's birthday party just because you didn't have friends. Your grandparents disagreed, as they jumped at the offer and soon you were being ushered by them over to the special area Mr. Adams had rented out for his sons party.  You were led to the table and the middle aged man cleared his throat, making all of the other kids look at you.

"Hey everyone! This is Y/N L/N, some of you might remember her from South Park a couple of years ago!"

You were only met with blank stares. Of course nobody remembered. They didn't know a Y/N, they knew a Douchebag.

"....well, it's her birthday today too! So I invited her on over to celebrate with us!"

You saw a kid with green in his hair look slightly annoyed at this. You assumed that this was Mike, who wasn't too pleased with you being brought into his party without his permission. He then looked over to you and you looked away, frowning as a pain started to bloom in your chest. It wasn't an unfamiliar feeling. In fact it was so common that it gave you comfort. This feeling of being unwanted. You were sat beside a little girl with purple in her pigtails. She smiled softly at you.

"...h-hi! I'm Karen McCormick!"

.....FUCK.