Aaaye baby, don't you know suicidal tendancies are all the rage

By the time you arrived in Crested Butte, it was around noon. You'd pulled into the parking lot of the local Denny's and leaned your head against the steering wheel, trying to choke down the sob that was clawing at your throat.

Did you know that Dennis is derived from Dionysus?

Dennis. Denny's.

Honestly it's almost poetic that you'd have a major breakdown in the parking lot of a domain of the god of chaos and revelry.

"Hey..you wanna go to your grandparents?" Mitch asked softly, wrapping an arm around your shoulder once he decided that it would be alright to touch you.  You took deep, shaking breaths, and that did fuck all to stop your reply of, "No." from coming out with a sob. Tears were stinging your eyes and slowly trailing down your face as you kept it pressed in your arms against the steering wheel. "I-I don't want to t-tell them that I r-r-ran away from South Park A-AGAIN." "That's okay. I'm texting Junpe now. I'm sure we can crash on his couch."

You nod and lift your head slowly, desperately trying to wipe the tears from your face, but they wouldn't stop coming. With an angry grunt you turned the engine back on and sped out of the Denny's parking lot, heading towards the house of your local ginger. Junpe was another long time friend. He hadn't been able to transfer to South Park yet, as he and his mother had been taking care of his dying grandmother. He'd likely be transferring next week. It was a ten minute drive, and you just barely managed to properly parallel park in front of the Junpe house before killing the engine and putting your face in your hands.

"Hey, everything..it's gonna be okay." Mitch placed a hand on your shoulder, and his heart broke as he felt you tremble. "N-No it's not! God fucking d-Dammit! I wish that fat b-bastard was dead!" You hit the steering wheel and winced as it made the horn go off once. Sensory overload was kicking in, just great. You leaned back, struggling and failing to compose yourself. "I-If you hadn't gotten in the t-truck, do you know wh-what I would have done? I would have c-crashed the car. Into a big tree or s-something." With no seatbelt. Hard enough to send you through the windshield most likely. Mitch sighed, rubbing his face with his hands.

"You need to see a doctor, (Y/N). About the episodes you've been having. About what you're feeling now."

"I-I can't. I'd have to tell my g-grandparents and I c-c-can't, Mitch. They think I've b-been doing s-so good. That I-I was fixed, and I c-can't tell them that I'm n-not! I can't tell them I'm still broken!"

Honestly, Mitch only barely managed to understand the words that poured out of your mouth like water bursting through a cracking dam. You had lost the battle with yourself and were sobbing violently, arms wrapped around yourself as you shook. Tears and snot ran down your face and you just didn't care. "T-Tiger and Damien threw a note a-at me the other day. Called me a f-failure who should k-kill herself, and f-fuck man, they're right! I can't f-finish writing a book, I c-can't pick a degree to go to college for, a-and I couldn't tell Kenny the fu-fucking t-truth!" "Are you seriously going to listen to those two sick fucks?!" Mitch didn't mean to raise his voice to you. It was probably the last thing you needed right now, but everything you'd said had really pushed him.

"That's bullshit, (Y/N)! It's bullshit and you know it! Tiger and Damien are sick fucking losers too fucked in the head to actually care about other people, even each other." Mitch himself was struggling not to cry now. He hated seeing you like this. You didn't deserve this, any of it. Hadn't you gone through enough? "They'll turn on each other eventually and when they do, the rest of us are gonna fucking laugh. So stop even entertaining the idea that they're right, because they're not! You're loved, (Y/N)! I love you! Your grandparents love you! King and Sprinkle and Junpe and Wendy love you! The vamp kids! Karen loves you! Kenny loves you!"

You snorted at the last one, but Mitch insisted.

"Okay, so he's a little slow. He's a blonde what do you expect, but even as a kid he was smart enough to figure out that something was wrong! He's smart enough to figure that out now too! Just give him time." A knock on the window kept you from replying. Looking out, you saw a thin, medium height boy with vampire like pale skin, a face full of freckles and a mess of red hair that set his head aflame. A stark contrast to all the black he wore, except for the dark green scarf that wrapped around his neck despite it not being exactly scarf weather yet.

Taliesin Junpe. He simply preferred Junpe.

You rolled down the window and his green eyes widened at the sight of your wet red face, your eyes and nose puffed up and the sob still trying to continue. He tugged awkwardly at his scarf. "..wanna steal the shopping cart my mom stole from Walmart and go down the hill? You look like you need to clear your head."

The Hill. It was the biggest hill in Crested Butte, great for sledding in the winter and cart riding the rest of the year. Kids constantly went down it and only a few ended up with broken bones. You sniffles and agreed. Minutes later, you sat in the cart with Junpe, your headphones blasting music around your neck as Mitch stood on the end of the cart. He gave a pushed and within seconds the three of you were rolling down the hill at break neck speed.

Part of you still wished you would crash.

Because i went downhill at such steep incline
That my rearview mirror showed me only the sky,
And i laughed about it all night.
Because you were the first one
to show me the stars,
And they don't mean much to me,
but i still wonder where you are,
And some nights i still try to find you
Relative,
To constellations.