Thank god there's no cops around

Unknown Object

You leaned back in the bed of your truck, silently watching the sun set over the hills and wishing that you hadn't given up cigarettes the previous year. It had been about 2 hours and you were still shaking a little bit.

Fuck your mom.

And fuck Cartman for bringing her to the school. You hoped that somebody at least hit him once.

"The school just called," Mitch broke you from your thoughts, making his way around to the back and sitting on the edge of the truck bed. "Your mom was arrested and it sounds like somebody beat the ever loving shit out of Cartman. He's gonna be suspended for at least a month." Well damn, there goes ANY chance of replacing his football scholarship. You'd only been in South Park and week and you'd caused Cartman to completely throw away his future.

Nice.

"Good. The fat prick was always destined to be a high school has been anyway. A future gas station attendant."

Mitch chuckled and climbed into the truck bed. As soon as he settled in, you moved to use his as a pillow, making him laugh softly. "Yeah, that guys just a fucking loser..you okay?" "No." Mitch was a little taken back by how quick and blunt your answer was, but nodded and leaned back, starting to braid locks of your hair as he stared at the setting sun with you. "Hey...remember when we met?" A smile tugged at your lips when he asked that.

"You mean that time I threw an apple at your head? And got a week suspension for 'attacking a fellow student with a dangerous weapon'?"

Mitch let out a loud laugh, his shoulders shaking. You felt your smile grow, the tightness in your chest finally starting to give way. "That shitty throw didn't even leave a bruise. But..the minute you clocked me with that apple, I knew we'd be friends."

Mitch was so weird.

But you were too.

"...I'll be okay." You said once his laughter died down, and you felt Mitch take your hand and give it a gentle squeeze. It was weird to think how carefully this  massive teenage boy could move. "Good. Especially seeing as we totally fucked up this farms weed field by parking out here." "....truuuue." Maybe they wouldn't notice come morning. Maybe you guys should go. "...let's head back. If Cartman and the whore are gone, I think I'll be alright." "Aye Aye, Captain." Mitch moves to get up but stopped as a pink Honda screeched to a stop a few feet away from your truck. In the drivers seat was Wendy. Stan was in the passenger seat, and Kenny HAD been in the back, but he'd jumped out before the car had even come to a stop. You sat up and watched as he sprinted towards you. His lip was busted and dried blood was running down his chin. One of his ears were swelling too. "Were you the one to beat Cartman's ass?"

Is what you meant to ask.

However, you'd only just gotten out, "Where you-" Before the boy jumped into the truck bed and wrapped you in his arms, pulling you tightly to his chest. "Are you okay?!"

Ignore that your heart had jumped into your throat and your face felt like you'd been standing in direct sunlight for a full ten minutes, "Y-Yeah, I'm okay." He pulled away to look at you, and you hoped to god that he just thought your face looked red from the sunset. If that was even possible. "I should be asking you that, anyway. I heard Hitler got his ass beat, was that you?" "...yeah." His lip twitched into a slight smile. It was gone in seconds though. "You shouldn't.." He pauses, inhaled, and then spoke more softly, "...I wish you hadn't just run off. I was worried about you. But I understand why you did."

Oh. That..was unexpected.

"I..I'm sorry. I was just really scared." You hated admitting it but..you didn't feel right lying to him. Kenny nodded and hugged you again. You hugged him back and waved at Wendy and Stan as they made their way over. Wendy looked so relieved to see you. "(Y/N)! I'm so glad we found you!" "So am I, but why are you guys on my dad's farm?" Stan spoke up. You blinked, letting go of Kenny, though he kept his arms around you. "Oh shit, for real? I think we fucked up some of the weed, sorry." Stan blinked and looked at the bit that had been run over when you pulled into the field. "...it's okay. Seriously, I hate all this shit, so I couldn't care less. Plus, my dad is out with Towelie protesting the Chinese government planting his weed on the Hong Kong protestors, so it's not like he's gonna know." Damn. That was...weird as fuck, not gonna lie. "Are you doing okay? Is there anything we can do to help you right now?" Wendy asked, climbing to sit with you. Stan followed her. You raised your eyes back to the sky and shrugged. "...dunno. I mean....it already means a lot that you guys came looking for me." "People love you, you dork." Mitch said, moving so there was more room in the truck bed. He was big, okay? That's been established. "H-Hush." You reaches over and gently shoved him. A smile tugged at your lips though. Stan leaned against your truck, licking his lips as he thought. "...you know what might make you feel better? Fucking something up."

You blinked and looked at him. Honestly, that didn't sound wrong. The main reason you'd even driven into this field was because you'd wanted to destroy something. Blow off some steam. Not exactly the smartest thing in retrospect, but hey. Kenny let you go, but kept an arm around your waist as he leaned back. "What you talking about?" "Let's tear up more of the farm. Not like my mom is gonna tell, she hates it here maybe even more than me. I've always wanted to do it, and some destruction could make (Y/N) feel better. Plus, it's not like there's any cops out here."

Kenny looked over to see your head lowered, your brow furrowed as you Thought about it. After a few seconds you smiled and tossed Stan your keys. "Sober enough time drive." "Fuck. Yes. I got enough Tegridy to not do something that stupid~"

And now you sat in the back seat of your truck as Stan drove your truck through his dad's field, Wendy in the seat beside him and Kenny next to you. Mitch has opted to be look out, just in case. Stan was turning the truck sharply, causing you to press against Kenny, laughing and hugging his arm. He laughed too and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, pulling you even closer to him. Your face was pressed into his shirt, which smelt like sweat and car oil. Usually a smell you wouldn't like, but on him, you didn't mind it too much. He pressed his face into your hair and kept laughing as your music blared from the radio.

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine.
Nothing could keep us apart,
You'd be the one I was meant to find.
It's up to you, and it's up to me,
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours,
Tonight.

About an hour later, Mitch was driving you home as you still sat in the back seat with Kenny McCormick. Your eyes were closed, making him assume you were sleeping as he reached out and moved some of the hair from your face. His eyes lingered on your face, peaceful for once today, and for a moment he leaned down, stopping only when his lips were centimeters from your forehead. Instead he turned away and stared out the window.