We interrupt your serious fanfiction for cards against humanity

Unknown Object

Mysterion had just finished up his routine patrol when he landed on the fire escape outside your bedroom window. After everything that had happened, he wanted to make sure you were alright. Peering through the curtains, your window open, he finds you laying on the floor of your dorm room, staring up at the glow in the dark stars on your ceiling and smoking a blunt. Honestly, he couldn't blame you for that. This week had to have been absolute hot shit for you.

For once, no music is on in your room. It's worrying.

Mysterion reached out to move aside your curtains when somebody knocked on your door.

"Hello..?"

It's Mitch. You set the blunt on an ashtray and prop yourself up on your elbows. You had changed into a large black Sister's of Mercy shirt and some mismatched socks, your hair in a ratty ponytail. "Come in." You call, and Mitch does. He glances around your room for a moment and Mysterion froze, trying not to be seen. Apparently this worked, as Mitch just laid down next to you and stared up at the ceiling. It was silent for what feels like hours before Mitch finally opened his mouth. "....I still can't believe August is dead." "Yeah." You agreed, picking up your blunt again and taking a long drag from it. "My brain still doesn't want to process it. It's such shit..." You sounded so...hollow. Your eyes were so hollow. Everything about you just seemed empty. Mysterion hated it, hated seeing you like this. But what could he do?

Try to find August's killer.

"He was my lifeboat." You continued, pausing every now and again to continue smoking. "I don't think I'd still be here today if it wasn't for August. I was an angry kid, we all know that. When I moved to Crested Butte I was still pretty angry. Not as angry as I'd once been, but still bad. The other kids avoided me, not that I blame the little shits. But August...he saw something in me that nobody else did. He kind of forced me to be his friend, and started trying to...I dunno...steer me in the right direction, or what the fuck ever." You stopped talking now, and Mysterion could see from his perch that your hand was shaking. You were angry. "...I still remember the last day I saw him. Just like it was five minutes ago. It was the start of the new school year. Nobody was looking forward to it, no shit. But August was a little more positive about it than I was. He wanted to take theater..heh. That's probably why I take it now. We were making plans to try and get as many classes together as possible. He even wanted me to get a dorky leather jacket like his so we could match..."

You trailed off and once again an almost unbearable silence crawled across everyone. suddenly Mitch got to his feet, pulling his cellphone out. He made a call to the local Chinese place to bring some food and then sent out a few texts. Within minutes, King and Sprinkle arrived, Sprinkle holding up a box. "I have Cards against Humanity? Bigger Blacker Dick Addition~"

You sat up with a furrowed brow and put your blunt out, watching your friends sit beside you and start passing the cards around as Mitch turned on your laptop and booted up your spotify.

We can talk here on the floor.

On the phone, if you prefer.

I'll be here until you're okay.

Let your words release your pain,

You and I will share the weight,

Growing stronger day by day.

"Blank is gay." Sprinkle read her black card, giggling, and Msyerion watched as everyone tossed some white cards in the middle. You still looked a little unsure of what's going on right now, but you were quiet as she read the cards out loud.

"Just a little bit of gay...is gay."

"A lonely testicle...is gay."

"Sean Connery's ass...is gay."

"Tits...is gay."

Mysterion felt a smile tug at his lips as you giggled softly, your shoulders slowly lowering, your posture relaxing.

You would be okay...