Very cool, can you play pumped up kicks while...nevermind

"IS a relationship with that McCormick boy really okay after everything that happened?"

Class was just starting with Ms. Flowers and she had pulled you aside to discuss your relationship with Kenny. You understood her worry, you know the reputation he had and the rumors about him. You gave her a soft smile. "I know the things you've probably heard about him...and maybe some of the stupid stuff you've seen too, but really, he's the kindest, most loving guy I've ever met. And I...love him."

The smile Flowers gave you felt insincere. It didn't quit reach her eyes.

"Well..I trust your judgement, Y/N. So long as you're happy and he treats you well...I'm sorry, I know this is certainly over the top behavior for a teacher. I simply worry."

You returned her smile, albeit awkwardly, and excused yourself to go to your seat. As you made your way, Cadence bumped into you and didn't even bother giving an insult, taking her seat in the back and just glaring.

Ugh. Why did you have to have a conscious. You know she sure as hell didn't.

You went past your own desk and made your way over to her.

"..Hey Cadence."

"Kill yourself."

Just walk away, Y/N. Just walk away..

"..I went overboard yesterday, and..I'm sorry." But only a little bit. Cadence's glare worsened and you realized that she really looked like shit. And her last little henchwoman was no where to be seen. Had you really fucked her up that bad? "Fuck off, Y/N L/N." The now fallen bully sneered, "You can pretend to be the nice little victim all you want, but I know the truth." Oh, sure she did, "You're a lying, two faced bitch, and while your loser friends and poor ass boyfriend may cry when you die, they'll get over it. Everyone will. Eventually, nobody will fucking care."

Riiiiight.

"You know what Cadence? I changed my mind. You deserved everything I did to you and so much more."

You turned on your heels and returned to your seat, rolling your eyes as you sat down and pulled your headphones on. Cadence was a lost cause, only a real kick in the ass might wake her up to reality. Might.

You felt eyes on you and glanced up, smiling when you saw Ms. Flowers give you a concerned look. She probably saw you talking to Cadence and would ask about it after class. Eh, it was no big deal. You hit shuffle and began working on rewriting your creative writing assignment.

"Robert's got a quick hand,
He'll look around the room, but won't tell you his plan.
He's got a rolled cigarette,
Hanging out his mouth, he's a cowboy kid, yeah.

He found a six-shooter gun,
In his dad's closet, and with a box of fun things.
I don't even know what,
But he's coming for you, yeah, he's coming for you.."

You recalled Kenny's jokes about your shuffle being uncannily fitting for the world around you and a chill ran up your spine. You wiggled around in your chair, glancing around the classroom. Everything looked normal, and you tried to tell yourself you were just being silly. Still, you couldn't shake the feeling...

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks,You better run, better run out run my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks,
You better run, better run faster than my bullet."

Your ears were ringing.