Special chapter 1: What if?

AN: the last 3 chapters were updated, so please go back and reread those before I post the next official chapter.

This fic is #12 in Gothkids! Here's a special chapter to celebrate!

—————————-

"We know you're upset about having to move again, (Y/N), but we promise this will be the last time."

That's what your grandparent's said about Crested Butte, and now look where you were. Sure, you understood the reason for the move. Your parents had found out where you'd lived, and this was all to keep you safe. And sure, you were still in Colorado, and sure, it was only a few hours drive to Crested Butte. None of that was really too bad. But to move so soon after August had...run away. It felt wrong. What would he think when he came back and you weren't there? Would he think you abandoned him? Would he be angry at you? Would he even care at all?

Sometimes, despite all the kind words and the promises, it felt like nobody actually cared if you were around or not. If you moved or not? Did those kids from your 4th grade school care when you moved away? It had only been two years, but sometimes you struggled to remember their names and faces. Even..

"The movers already got everything inside." Your nana's voice cut through your thoughts, "Don't worry about unpacking today. Why don't you go look around the neighborhood? Just don't go too far, okay?" "Okay.." The white minivan had parked in front of a house that looked..a little too familiar. You climbed out, tugging at the plaid, pink sweater vest nana had made you wear.

This had been your foster house.

Your mouth suddenly went dry.

This was South Park.

"Hey baby girl, you okay?" Your Papa asked, walking over and bending down to look at you. He was old, of course, about in his 60s. Wore those big glasses that were popular with grandpa types, and always had a ball cap for every day of the week. "You're all pale? Maybe you should lie down instead?"

It dawned on you that..they didn't know. Any visits you had during foster care were out of town, in a bigger city not too far from here. They had absolutely no idea what town they'd moved you to, or what house.

"...no, I'm okay. What time should I be back?" You asked, looking over to Nana. She was usually the law of the house, an older woman in her 50s with short, curly red hair that was starting to grey. She glanced at the clock on her phone. "It's 2 now so..be home by 7 for dinner." "Okay, Love you." You kissed both their cheeks and then started down the street, moving mostly on autopilot.

You couldn't believe you were really back in South Park.

No, seriously. You didn't believe it. And you wouldn't until you saw somebody, anybody, that you used to know. Putting your headphones on, you hit shuffled on your iPod and started further down the street.

They say,

life is strange.

Where do I begin?

"Hey, stop right where you are!"

As it turned out, that happened almost immediately.

Blocking your path about 3 houses down was a fat, brown haired kid in a dopey wizard costume. The robes were sort of a fuchsia color, and the pointed had was a bright blue that seriously did not match, with a yellow star sewn on. Standing to his side was a boy in a blue hat with a yellow puff ball on top. He wore a dark brown scarf over a light brown shirt. And standby behind them was a girl.

Or you'd at least thought they were a girl. The afore mentioned Princess stood behind the fat wizard, nonchalantly twirling a strand of clearly fake blonde hair between her fingers. A closer look at her would quickly out her as the local orange clad hilbilly Kenneth McCormick, if not by the name, then the wadded up tissue paper he used for his "breasts" poking out of his dress.

An air of either royalty or general ego was thick in his presence, as if he was actual royalty, but the tattered skirt told other stories.

"Oh great! The new kid is a fucking girl!" The wizard spoke in a grating voice that you immediately recognized. This 'wizard' was Eric Cartman. A walking trash fire who rightly deserved the nickname of Literal Hitler Eric Cartman, and your ex best friend back when you'd first lived in South Park. You'd..you'd had a lot of problems, your old friendship with this fucker was proof of that. Despite now being about 12 to 13 years old, he was still obese and still acted exactly as you'd remembered when you were 10.

"We aren't playing with a fucking bitch. C'mon guys!" "Hey, wait." Spoke the kid in the blue hat. His voice was nasally and he looked at you with almost interest. That was kind of a big deal, since you sort of remembered this kid as not being interested in anything. His name escaped you, though. "She still has to get permission from the princess before she can pass." "Fuck off Craig! All this stupid girl has to do is flash Kenny her boobs and she could go, there's nothing fun in that!"

Right. That was his name. Craig.

And the 'princess' was Kenny.

Your hero. Though he certainly wasn't dressed like one.

Kenny let out an indulged gasp, and Craig frowned. "The Princess is a lady of high up bringing and class. She would not be swayed by something so barbaric." "Yeah, the high class of alcoholics.." Cartman muttered and rolled his eyes. "Fine! Let's just get this over with. Bitch, if you want to pass, you have to-ACK!"

You..may have punched Cartman in the gut, causing him to topple over onto his side. That alone would have been more than enough to impress Kenny, but you weren't done. He watches you with wary eyes now. The last 7 times they'd tried this trick, he'd just been slugged in the mouth. We're you going to break that streak? With the last school play you were in in your mind, you knelt in front of the book that had saved your 10 year old life, and took one of his hands in both of yours.

"...most beautiful princess, I beseech thee. Let me pass onward, and I shall service you in thy schemes. We shall fly beyond this isle, the corners of the world our mere prologue. I'll seek to make thy happiness so great that e'en the name of liberty forgot. What sayest thou to my most hopeful wish?"

I guess,

that we've changed.

How have you been?

You couldn't tell, as the parka he had on under that pink dress hid most of his face, but Kenny's heart had jumped into his throat. That..was not at all what he'd expected. He wasn't just impressed, you'd totally swept the princess off his feet! His beautiful blue eyes, the only part of his face that was visible, stared down at you with a shine. He licked his lips and swallowed. "Y-You.." He coughed, trying to fight back that stammer. "You have my permission to pass, most beautiful traveler. I will take you up upon your offer, and call when I require your aid."

Cartman groaned behind you. You climbed back to your feet, ignoring the dark stain on the knee of your white pants, and gave Kenny a grin. "Thank you, most kind and beloved princess. I will eagerly await for your call."

And then you kissed his cheek, and walked off.

South Park may not have changed, but you had.