This is a friend you never expected to have

You walked towards the dorms work Dovakin, both of you Silent now. It seemed he wasn't used to talking as much as he had at the restaurant. That was okay. You were feeling sluggish and tired anyway, so the thought of talking didn't seem appealing at the moment.

Pulling out your phone, you checked the forum and saw that TreasureTrove had sent you a private message.

I'm getting more and more worried about

those letters as I think them over.

I'll meet you at your dorm to discuss

them.

Wait.

What?!

How did they even know where your dorm was? How did they even know you HAD a dorm?! You glanced over to Dovakin, who was staring at the ground as he walked. "....uh..so I have somebody who wants to meet me at my dorm. Except I don't know who they are and how they know where I am. Can..can you walk me up to my room?"

His brows arched upward and he nodded, following you into the girl's dormitory. He didn't say anything, but you could tell by his body language that he was tense. The tension grew when you both saw that somebody was in fact standing outside your door, waiting.

"....Jewel?"

At the sound of her name, she turned her head and gave an awkward wave, her smile thin and a little forced. You sighed and rolled your eyed. "You can go to your room, Dovakin. It's fine." "....are you sure?" He muttered, giving you a concerned look. He was..sweet. Weird, but sweet. "Yeah, I'm sure. You get some rest, I'll see you later." He stood there for a moment, unsure, before giving a nod and leaving the dorms. You show Jewel a glare once he was gone. "This is a fucked up prank." "It isn't a prank, I swear!" She half up her hands defensively. "I really do want to help! I'm..I'm really sorry about everything I've done with Cadence to hurt you and your friends. It..I was a bitch."

First Henrietta, now Jewel? That was sus as fuck.

"Yeah right." You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms. Your night had been pretty decent up until now, thanks a lot Jewel, "What next? You'll tell me Cadence is sorry too? Bull. Just..why would yo want to help ME?" "Because..I've always been into true crime. Like really, not like Cadence. She just pretends. She's always pretending. And I do think August is the victim of the serial killer, and I'm worried about you and Kenny." Jewel was insistent, "You saw those police reports. You know I wasn't lying about the connections." Ugh. She had a point.

Sighing, you shook your head. Great.

"...Fine."