The return of South Park's disaster power couple

You laughed softly, holding Kenny's hands in yours. They were calloused and bruised, but you didn't care. They were his hands, and you loved them. Kenny couldn't stop from joining your laughter, and it only grew as a very loud SHUSH came from a librarian who quickly appeared around a corner. You let go of Kenny's hands and grabbed your books off the table, knowing you'd be kicked from the library in a matter of minutes. As you picked up the Mirror Mask book, something fluttered out of its pages and landed quietly onto the ground.

A red envelope.

You both stared at it, your laughter cut short. Without a word you snatched it up, prepared to rip it to shreds. Kenny caught your wrists, stopping you. "Y/N. We should take it to the Freedom Pals." You hated to admitted it, because you just wanted to destroy the stupid thing, but he was right. You slipped the letter into your bag and gripped Kenny's hand tightly, hurrying out of the library with your books checked out. Once out on campus, Kenny stopped walking and gave your hand a gentle squeeze. "Look, Y/N..."

Kenny turned and took your cheek in his other hand, placing a kiss on your forehead.

"I'm sorry I messed up so bad before, but I will protect you, I promise." A solemn smile tugged at your lips as he spoke and you gave a slight nod. "I messed up too, it's okay. And I know you will, thank you.." Any reply Kenny had was cut off by the bell ringing. It was time for the next period you had, math. Kenny didn't have that class with you, but he wanted to walk you there, so digging in your pocket, you pulled out your normal headphones, passing him a bud. He grinned and stuck it in his ear as you did the same, walking with him towards the building your class was in.

I have a question.
It might seem strange.
How are your lungs?
Are they in pain?
'Cause mine are aching,
Think I know why,
I kinda like it though,
You wanna try?
Oh, would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me?
You see, I'm trying,
I know you know that I like you,
But that's not enough.
So if you will
Please fall in love.

Kenny snickered softly. "It seems for once, your magical fitting music powers aren't working." "Oh?" You looked at him, tilting your head and giggling. You were still upset about the letter, but...Kenny helped. "Yeah. I'm already in love with you, so~" You laughed a little more and gently shouldered him, rolling your eyes. It felt good though, hearing him say that. Kenny gave you a wink and brought your hand up to his lips, kissing your knuckles. "Things are gonna be okay." "...I know." You didn't. But with him by your side now, you felt...better. Like you stood more of a chance. The two of you stopped outside your math class and he handed you back your headphone before taking your face in his hands again and kissing your forehead.

Soft gasps startled you and you glanced over to see Wendy and Red, and behind them was Karen, who stared at you, wide eyed. After a moment's hesitation, she squeeze past the older girls and flung her arms around your waist, hugging you. You laughs softly and gave her a slight squeeze. "I missed you too, Baby bat."

Kenny chuckled and kissed her head before giving you another forehead kiss. "I'll meet you after class, okay? You'll eat with me and the others." "Okay. I'll see you then." You smiled at him and he returned it, seeming to consider before leaning forward and pecking your lips. "...I love you." "I..I love you too."

Red was practically hyperventilating. Her ship finally happened.