This is why we don't help children, but we do listen to Morgan Freeman

Okay, after that performance in theater, you fucking DESERVED to finally get your god damn tacos! You left campus, this time making sure to avoid anyone who might prove to be a problem for you and your very important mission.  Cat headphones in and phone on shuffle, you made your way through the small town of south Park, the sun slowly lowering itself through the sky. It was Autumn, and the days were growing shorter. Humming along to the music, you decided to cut through a neighborhood to make your trip shorter. However, you were greeted to the sight of some kids playing with a Frisbee, only to lose it over the fence of a house that had clearly been empty for a very long time. They groaned and you chuckled, moving one of your headphones. "Let me guess...you guys always lose toys in that yard and nobody goes there to get them back because of a ghost/witch/monster of some sort?" "Yeah.." Replied a younger black haired kid who, just like so much else in this fucking town, was vaguely familiar. You weren't even surprised anymore. You gave a nod, figuring that it wouldn't be too much trouble. You'd been a kid once too, you knew how it was. "Give me a sec."

You jogged over to the old house and jumped the fence with ease. The backyard was overgrown with weeds, dead, grass, and lost toys. Chuckling, you began to just chuck a ton of them over the fence, gaining cheers from the kids. You giggled and walked across the lawn, not minding the feeling of tall grass brushing up against your legs. It was a feeling you were used to, having played in empty fields back in Crested Butte growing up. You noticed a long dead log laying on it's side and smiled, running your hand over it gently.

That had been a mistake.

You felt a chill run through your body, and suddenly it felt as if you were standing out in the cold. You knew what was happening, and slowly lowered yourself onto the log, unable to raise your hands to remove your headphones as it began.

Let's go in the garden,
You'll find something waiting,
Right there where you left it,
Lying upside down.
When you finally find it,
You'll see how it's faded,
The underside is lighter
When you turn it around.
Everything stays,
Right where you left it.
Everything stays,
But it still changes,
Ever so slightly,
Daily and nightly,
In little ways,
When everything stays...

You were in your bedroom...

No.

You were in the guest room. You'd been in here, locked inside. This was your foster mother's go to punishment, along with forcing you to read the bible for hours on end. You were sitting on the bed, trying to pick the lock, and after god knew how long, you finally got it open. Pushing the window up, you got your first breath of fresh air in three days. It was chilly, fresh snow covering the ground outside. Not caring, you climbed through the window, your feet sinking into the snow and sending a shiver through you. You wore nothing but a large night shirt, which had belonged to your foster brother. You slowly made your way through the backyard, the snow crunching beneath your feet. You reached the dead log that sat back there and climbed on, turning your gaze to the stars. They were always so pretty...

"What are you doing out so late?"

Your heart jumped into your throat and you whipped around. At first, you feared that it was your foster parents, and you'd been caught. Instead you saw Kenny McCormick in his stupid as fuck hero costume. What loser wore their underwear on the outside, and a stupid fucking question mark taped to his head. You turned away and decided to answer his question, silently of course, and raised your hand up to the stars. Kenny, or rather, 'Mysterion' made his way over and stood beside the log, following your direction. His eyes softened slightly at the sight. "...Yeah, I guess the stars are one of the few good things about this hell hole. At least until mayor fuckface screws it up with light pollution.:

To his surprise, you started laughing. It was a silent laugh, your shoulders shaking, but it was a laugh nonetheless. Something he'd never seen from you. Kenny almost caught himself smiling. No way could he do that, not around Cartman's shithead friend Douchebag. You lowered your hand and continued staring at the stars in total silence. He stared at the stars too, just as silent, before a question he'd asked himself a few times before finally left his lips. "Why don't you talk? Not even to your stupid friend Cartman?"

Now this threw you for a bit of a loop. Why was he asking? Why did he care? You'd thought nobody cared, that's what your foster parents said. Your social worker certainly didn't give a shit. She brushed off your complaints as over exaggerations, so much that you just...stopped trying to tell her. Or anyone.

Kenny, to be fair, didn't expect a response from you.

"...Kenny?"

But he was getting one.

Kenny nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard you talk. It was so..soft. Could he describe a voice as fragile? That was the word that came to mind. "Y-Yeah..?" He replied, momentarily dropping the superhero voice. That's how badly you caught him off guard. You were staring at him now, and for once he didn't feel disgust when he looked at you. Just a kid..scared..broken..

Like Karen.

"...Don't be surprised if one day I'm just.....gone."

"..W-What??" Kenny couldn't hide the concern in his voice. The fuck was THAT supposed to mean?! You gave no answer and climbed off the log, going back to the window and starting to go back inside. You glanced back at Kenny, your hero, and gave him a faint smile before going back inside your prison. Now, for the last time.

"New kid? Can you hear me, New kid?"

You snapped your eyes open and clutched the side of the log to keep from falling over. Your balance was shit, the world spinning around you. It was a good thing you hadn't gotten your tacos yet, or else you would have up chucked them then and there. Once the world decided to calm it's shit, you saw someone standing in front of you.

Was...Was that Morgan Freeman? THE Morgan Freeman?

He smiled when you looked at him. "There we are, I was getting worried for a moment. You've certainly been having a hard time adjusting, haven't you?" He asked, sitting beside you on the log and keeping a hand on your shoulder to steady you. You could only manage a nod. That one..was bigger than the others.

Kenny was Mysterion?

In retrospect, it was obvious and you felt like a massive dumbass.

"You need to tell the truth." Morgan Freeman said. You weren't sure how he knew about your situation, but you also weren't shocked. The man had played god, after all. He handed you a bag of tacos. "Just consider it. Things would go much more smoothly for you if you did."

--------------

EEEY a super important chapter! And now we find out who the important person we couldn't remember was, and why we like Kenny so much!