Time to pretend you have even an iota of intelligence like people in crime shows

I should be in bed,
But i'm sitting here instead,
With a stomach full of dread,
And a list of words unsaid.

You sat in your dorm room, scouring google on your laptop for a murder that would match Tiger's, despite it being late into the night and you had class in only a few hours. There couldn't be many killers that left notes like that on their victim's bodies, right? And whoever did it had plenty of confidence to just leave his body unhidden like that, so they must have done this before. That's what you hoped, at least.

A nagging part of your brain was scared that somehow, in some way, Tiger's murder was related to August's. You pushed that thought aside, trying to convince yourself that this was just your usual paranoia rearing it's ugly head.

A link vaguely matching your strange search criteria finally loaded, and you decided to follow it, ignoring the dubious, possible virus riddled website it came from. It lead you to one of those old fashioned looking message boards. The back ground was an atrocious yellow and all the text was red, but that wasn't the worst thing about the board. No, the worst thing was the three murders currently being discussed that matched Tiger's.

With shaking hands, you create an account and start commenting, laying out the details of Tiger's death. Then, just as you were going to hit the enter button, you go back and menthol August as well.

Ten minutes passed before somebody replied. You'd spent that time copying down the details of the other deaths in a random notebook you'd pulled from the desk drawer. If you were an idiot, which you were, you might do some investigating of your own instead of just going to the police. Then the page made an annoying PING noise that grated on your ears. Somebody had responded.

TreasureTrove_69: That definitely matches our guy. Do the police in your area know?

You set the notebook aside and began typing away, your mouth pressed into a thin line as your heart started pounding harder and harder into your chest.

The-Local-LetDown: So you're saying this is a serial killer? If the police know, they haven't said so. You'd think they'd release a warning to the community that a serial killer is in the area and for people to stay inside or some shit.

TreasureTrove_69: I doubt any police group investigating the individual cases has put together that it's a serial killer, no news coverage or statements have said so. Then again, a secret investigation could be going on behind public eye, you know how the government is.

Great. A conspiracy theorist. Then again, they had a point. No police statements or news pulled up when you looked online.

TreasureTrove_69: You also mentioned your friend August? I can't say for sure that it was the same killer, but it's worth going back to where the body was found and looking around. The first note was hidden. If he's a victim of this freak, August's note might have also been hidden.

The-Local-LetDown: I'll do that. Now please excuse me as I go have a panic attack and throw up.

And that's what you did, running from your dorm room and barreling into the girl's bathroom to lose your dinner down a toilet, not caring who else was around and unfortunate enough to hear it. Names and places swam through your head as your stomach continued to lurch out the contents of your stomach.

Stacy Williams, in Colorado Springs.

James Cintock in Aspen.

Kendrick Noel in Vail.

You had packing to do.