I stole this scene from a video game, then had a new idea and rewrote it all

You saw my pain, washed out in the rain.
Broken glass, saw the blood run from my veins,
But you saw no fault no cracks in my heart,
And you knelt beside my hope torn apart.
But the ghosts that we knew,
will flicker from you,
And we'll live a long life.

You drove down the old dirt trail through the woods, furiously chewing the wad of watermelon bubble gum in your mouth. Your eyes were damp from the funeral and you were clutching the steering wheel so tightly that your knuckles had turned white. "I'm not too sure about this." Mitch said from his seat, and you shrugged, cracking the gum loudly, "Then you can wait in the car, but I need to see it."

'It' being the tree that August had been stuffed into like a god damn rag doll. The wytches elm, or Wych elm, depending on who you asked.

Wendy and them were following you again, and you could feel Kenny's stare on the back of your neck from the truck bed. You'd tried to convince Karen to wait at the church, knowing he likely wouldn't want her seeing this, but she'd refused. He wasn't exactly happy about it. Whatever. Not your problem. You finally spotted tattered police tape strewn haphazardly across some trees and knew you'd come to the right place. Bringing the truck to a stop, you hopped out, leaving the motor running along with your music. Mitch, King and Sprinkle climbed out and silently followed as you made your way across the the wood towards a large tree that was covered in the most tape.

This was the Wytches tree. It was old, and the leaves on it were already changing color for fall. A small hole was in the trunk, and you knew that's where August had been, his body broken and twisted in unnatural ways to get him to fit inside. You stared at it, trembling as emotions were thrown around your head. Sadness. Exhaustion. Rage. "....(Y/N).." Mitch started, placing a hand on your shoulder, and that's when you broke. Fists balled, you leaned forward and with tears running down your face you screamed at the tree.

The wind had picked up and Kenny hopped out of the truck bed, telling his little sister to stay. Wendy had just parked as he ran over to where you know crouched on the ground, pulling at your own hair as you sobbed. Sprinkles knelt beside her, her arms wrapped around you and her face hidden in your shoulder as she shook, silently joining in your sobs. King was looking away, tears stinging his eyes and Mitch, unashamed, just let them flow while staying silent. Wendy rushes out of her car and was at your side before Kenny was. She crouched down, gently rubbing small circles on your back. Kenny finally reached your and stared up at the tree.

Had it been like that before? The leaves were drooping, the bark taking on a gray color.

It was dying.

So lead me back.
Turn south from that place,
And close my eyes from my recent disgrace.
'Cause you know my call,
We'll share my all.
Now children come and they will hear me roar.
So give me hope in the darkness,
that I will see the light.
'Cause oh that gave me such a fright,
But I will hold as long as you like.
Just promise me we'll be alright.

"...C-Can you guys give me a minute.." You asked quietly, finally lifting your head. Your face was pale and your eyes red and puffy. Wendy glanced at Mitch, who nodded.

The only one who didn't leave was Kenny. You sighed softly, "Ken-" "I'm not leaving you alone." He sat down on the ground beside you, not caring about the dirt getting on the rental dress pants Kyle had gotten him for the funeral. He wrapped his arms around you, pressing your face to his chest. Even with that cologne he'd borrowed from the aforementioned ginger, you could still smell oil on him. "Is there anything I can do or say to help you feel even a little better?" Kenny asked, and you shook your head as you clutched his shirt, tears pricking your eyes again. "Ken...I've only been in South Park for a week..and you've done nothing but show me your love and friendship...you've already done more than enough.." 

Kenny sighed and buried his face in your hair, squeezing you gently and pressing a kiss to your scalp.