Well, I was trying to avoid YOU, but fuck me I guess

School had let out right after lunch and now you were on the bad side of town, heading towards the tracks where you planned to hop the next train to Crested Butte. Maybe you'd head over to The Truck Stop and pick from their many selections. You smiled, reaching the tracks, and started walking on them, your arms outstretched for balance, your cat headphones lighting up in tune with your music.

You won't go, you are not a runner.
So you won't run away.
If you could follow your heart gently,
There wouldn't be this mess.
Maybe someday, just someday you'll find a way back.

Somebody's arms wrapped around your waist and pulled you off the tracks. You let out an almost scream and looked up to find one frowning Kenneth McCormick. You felt your face heat up and he steadied you in front of him, arms still around you. "You shouldn't play on train tracks, it's not safe ya know." He had that serious expression on his face, the same one he had on Tuesday. "K-Kenny..?" "You've been avoiding me."

OOOF. He knew.

Then again, you hadn't exactly been hiding it..

"I-I, Uh..." Shit, what did you tell him? You awkwardly avoided his stare. What did you do...

"(Y/N). Look at me."

You slowly lifted your eyes to meet his blue ones. This was so not how you planned on this day to go. You were tempted to give up on your meal plans and just go to your dorm.. "I like you, (Y/N). So don't avoid me." Wait. What? You blinked and furrowed your brow, feeling your face continue to heat up. God, you hoped he didn't see you blush.

He totally did.

"I..huh?"

"Don't. Avoid. Me."

He was pretty much literally spelling it out for you.

".........O-Okay. Sorry. It's just..after Tuesday I thought I'd annoyed you or something and I didn't want to-" Kenny cut off your rambling by gently flicking your nose. Now he was smiling, at least a little. "You didn't annoy me, 'or something'. Dork. Now," He kept an arm around your waist, his slight smile turning into a full, gap tooth grin, "What are you doin' our here anyway? It ain't the best place for a pretty girl to be all alone..." "I...was gonna go grab something to eat in the next time over, uh...do you want to come?" You did feel bad now, knowing your avoiding Kenny had upset him. Kenny tapped his chin, as if in deep consideration. Then, he grinned again and winked. "I can't turn down an invitation from such a pretty girl~" "Dork." You rolled your eyes, blushing.

The train came down and you both stepped back before hopping on.