I stole this scene from a video game

You sat beside Kenny in the mostly empty train car, your legs hanging off the edge, the world going by in flashes of orange and browns. Fall was here, and the air was starting to get chillier. You were excited for it, you loved fall. The smell of it, Halloween, pumpkin spice flavored things. Your favorite time of year. You were so lost in staring at everything that you didn't hear Kenny the first time he said your name. "(Y/N)!) "H-Huh?!" You jumped a little and glanced at him, flushing as he snickered. "S-Sorry, what's up?" Ugh, what was with Kenny and his stupid messy blonde hair and his stupid pretty blue eyes and his stupid gaped tooth grin that made your heart beat just a little faster. It did t help that now he had that dirty old orange parka tied around his waist, and now you cold see the dingy old wife beater he wore under it that showed just how muscular this beanpole really was and WHY WAS HE M U S C U L A R?!

Ugh, Craig was right. You liked Kenneth McCormick.

Fuck.

"My sister told me some stuff about ya." Kenny said, those aforementioned blue eyes staring at you. They were a cobalt blue, and held this emotion in them that you couldn't quit read.. "Oh? What she say?" "She mentioned like...foster care and stuff.." Things he'd actually overheard in the parking lot that one day, but you didn't know he'd been there. "O-Oh. Yeah. That stuff." This topic was going to be a little awkward. "So it's true? I mean, I know you mentioned your parents and stuff.." "Y-Yeah, it's true.." You awkwardly glanced away, tugging at the hem of your pastel colored skirt. Kenny grew silent, and this awkward silence went on for a painful few minutes. You went back to watching the scenario until he cleared his throat.

"...That kid I used to know? The old Douchebag? She had shitty religious foster parents too. Same with me and Karen..there seems to be too many of them in the world."

Oh yeah, this was getting awkward as hell. You still hadn't told him the truth about you and 'old Douchebag'.

You nodded your head a little, not looking at him. "Yeah. Fostering kids seems like the perfect job for those nutty religious savior types. Plus, the government gives them extra money with each kid they take in, so, you know..." You desperately wanted to change the subject, so...you did. "Hey, what's the deal with that guy running around in a purple superhero costume?" That one caught Kenny a little off guard. You knew the deal. He was Mysterion, but you weren't letting him know that. Kenny chuckled softly then, shrugging. "Nobody really knows who he is. But he usually participated in this stupid superhero game Cartman does." "Like...LARPing?" You asked. Kenny paused to think and then laughed softly. It really was a nice sound-

Stop it.

Stop it, (Y/N).

"Yeah." Kenny finally answered once he'd stopped laughing, "It's basically LARPing, and the only time any of us really hang out with Cartman anymore." "He's an ass." You snickered, reaching you to touch your still bruised nose. Kenny's smile dropped immediately as he stared at it. "....I still need to kick his fat ass for that." "Please do." You dropped your hand and began digging through your pocket. You pulled out your phone and earbuds, handing him one. He gave a lopsided smile and  and accepted it, putting it in. You both sat in a much more comfortable semi-silence now, just listening to your music together.

You didn't know me but he knew me best,
The weight of my brain, the fear of my cold head.
You never saw me interred in the ice,
My friend tried to melt,

but couldn't thaw me out right.
So I got ditched freezing alone with my thoughts,
And though I once said,

I was better off as being dead
Better off as being dead, without my old friend.
True I once said,