Oh god, it's finally happening

"I'm going to have to restart this entire project because what is been writing totally fell through."

You were complaining to Bloodrayne was you walked with her to Ms. Flowers second period creative writing class. Second period, and all of today's drama already had you exhausted. Life would be so much easier if Cadence and Bebe could be more like Henrietta and get over themselves. "Maybe you could ask Ms. Flowers to let you spend today's class in the library? You could poke through some books and get some ideas on what to write." The vamp kid suggested, and you hummed as you thought it over. "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. Thanks, Bloodrayne."

Remember that previous comment on how a cadence and Bebe should get over themselves? Apparently that wasn't happening any time soon.

Cadence was blocking the doorway to Ms. Flowers class, wearing that Backstreet Boys shirt she'd been screeching about earlier. You snorted when you saw it. "Wow, nice sure, Cadence." "I'm wearing it ironically, you faux depressed try hard." Oooh, she was trying something new now. Too bad you'd already did that song and dance with the goths. "Right. Well can you move? We'd like to get into class, and I don't want to waste anymore energy on you than I already have." "I just wanted to tell you that I hope you had fun with your little power trip today, because it's not going to happen again. I'm going to make you pay." You gave a snort, sparing a glance at Sophie as you crossed your arms. "You and what army?"

Sophia backed away a bit at your comment. It seems your show in the showers really left an impression.

Inhaled deeply and letting out a long sigh, you stepped up, almost nose to nose with Cadence. "I don't know if you noticed, I certainly didn't and I wish I had because I bet it was a sight, but ever since you came to South Park, your tag alongs have been dropping like flies. They want nothing to do with you. Your popularity is gone. Here, you're a nobody, just like me. You can't do shit anymore."

Somebody slipped their hand into yours and jumped a bit, looking over. It was Jewel. She squeezed your hand, smiling. "You aren't a nobody." "Yeah." Bloodrayne chimed in, standing beside you, but she looked momentarily panicked as Henrietta strolled over, standing behind you and taking a drag from her cigarette. "I couldn't help but overhear, and I have to say..somehow, you've managed to both become popular and hated at once, and that's...pretty cool." She then turned her usual apathetic goth stare onto Cadence. "Where I'm standing, it's just your fake, preppy ass and your little lap dog, who looks like she's about to piss herself. Step aside."

Cadence shot her a hard glare, but moved out of the doorway when Ms. Flowers cleared her throat be hi me Henrietta. People began to swarm into the classroom, but you stayed by the door, looking up at your favorite teacher. "Uh, good morning Ms. Flowers.." "Good morning, Y/N. You look nice today. Was..Cadence bothering you." Of course she'd overheard all that. "Meh, she's always bothering me. Is it okay if I go down to the library? I need some insperation for my project." Flowers paused, biting down on her lip for a moment as she thought. "...do you like Neil Gaiman? I don't want to assume, but with how you dress and the things in your dorm.." You laughed softly, nodding. "Yeah. I do. I have a lot of his Sandman comics." "Perfect. The library just got in a book about the production of his movie, Mirror mask. I would suggest looking in that, it might give you some ideas. There's also some other similar books for Tim Burton's movies."

You smiled brightly and nodded before taking off for the library. Ms. Flowers really was great. Once there, you found the book she'd been talking about and took a seat at one of the tables in the far back, where you could be alone, opening your book and pouring over it. The library was totally empty except for the librarian who sat at her desk, out of sight, headphones in. It smelt like old books in here, which you loved, and best of all it was quiet. You slipped your cat headphones on. Honestly, this was actually really cool. Learning on the stuff they had to figure out how to do on a low budget, which ended up making some of the creepiest affects in the movie. Maybe you would get some ideas from this-

What a strange being you are.
God knows where I would be if you hadn't found me
Sitting all alone in the dark.
A dumb screenshot of youth.
Watch how a cold broken teen will desperately lean
Upon a superglued human of proof.
What the hell would I be without you?(What the hell would I be?)
Brave face, talk so lightly, hide the truth
(Hide the truth)

A hand slammed down on the table, making you Yelp and jump slightly. Standing there, frowning and not looking directly at you was Kenny McCormick. Sliding your headphones around your neck, you only barely caught his half hearted comment. "What did I say about avoiding me?" You licked your lips hard, not sure what to say. He was right. You should have said something to him by now. Just like how you should have told him the truth long before Cartman had done it. Kenny still didn't look at you, his gaze on a recently made stain on the green library floor caused by god knew what. "...I'm sorry."

Wait, why was he apologizing? You should be the one apologizing.

"I'm sorry." He repeated, looking at you from the corner of his eye, "For not helping you more when we were kids. I saw the signs, I just ignored them because I was bitter. You were hurting and I waited too long to try and do anything. And I'm sorry for how I was when Cartman posted your files. I was hurt, really hurt, but that doesn't make what I did okay. I realize you were scared to tell anyone, and I'm sorry I only validated that fear. I..." He trailed off, clenching and unclenching his fists. His knuckles were bruised. "....I'm trash. Always have been, and I get it if you want nothing to do with me, but....I...until this homicidal stalker is caught, please let me stay by your side and protect you. I love you.." He'd just barely whispered the last sentence, his voice cracked.

You thought back to last night, which felt way too much like a dream. How Kenny had died protecting you and Sprinkle from that mugger.

'Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates.
So where do we begin?
I can finally see you're as fucked up as me,
So how do we win?
Yeah, I'm sick of losing soulmates.
Won't be alone again.
I can finally see you're as fucked up as me,
So how do we win?

You pushed your chair back and got to your feet, holding your breath as you made your way around the table. Kenny watched you in silence, his expression tired and somber, but confusion passed over it as you stood in front of him and reached up, grabbing the collar of his ratty orange hoodie. Without a word you pulled him down and pressed your lips firmly against his. He didn't move, his body stiff. After a few seconds, you stepped back, letting him go.

"...I'm the one who needs to apologize. I'm sorry for how I used to treat you and everyone else, and I'm sorry for keeping everything from you. I'm sorry I hurt you. You didn't have anything to apologize for, but I forgive you. I love you too. Even if it's a little weird because I've only been here a few months."

Kenny stared down at you, and you couldn't read his expression, making anxiety start to bloom in your chest. You shifted your weight between your feet, biting your lip as you waited for him to do or say anything. Then, Kenny stepped forward, making you step back and hit the table. He reached out and gently pushed you to sit on it before capturing your lips in his. One of his hands rested on your knee while the other tangled itself in your hair. When he finally pulled away, leaving you breathless, he took your face in his hands, kissing your forehead so softly. "...I think I fell in love with you that night we talked."

"...good. Then it wasn't just me."

———————————————-

YA GIRL DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO WRITE KISSING I AM SORRY