Something about you is familiar and my anxiety hates you for it

You thanked Craig for the info, which he responded by flipping you off. You did the same back and left the nurses office, looking around tiredly. This first week of school was total hot shit. You knew it, Wendy knew it, everybody knew it. Inhaling and letting out a long, strained sigh, you left the hallway and headed towards the track field outside. It was a warm, sunny spring day and it felt good to be outdoors. You noticed the blonde boy from before running track, his shirt off and looking....way more attractive than you would ever, ever be willing to admit. He had a number of scars decorating his body, visible even from where you were walking towards the field, and his blonde hair was messy. So...this was Kenny. Karen't big brother. He didn't notice you yet and that was fine, you made your way over to the bleachers and took a seat closest to the track and farthest from the goth kids, who sat high up on the other side of the bleachers, smoking and glancing at Kenny, then you and sneering. You ignored them and slid on your headphones, pulling out your notebook and staring down at your creative writing work, now stained with the days tear drops. You pressed your lips in a thin line and reread what you'd written yesterday.

I never talk because I have too much to say. I felt so much, that I felt nothing at all.

That still felt right. Random, but right. Now you just needed an idea of what to even write. You sighed and stuck your hello kitty pencil in your mouth, chewing on it as you thought.

You have buried childish qualities,
Friend make sense of me, friend make sense of me.
I have many destructive qualities,
Friend make sense of me, friend make sense of me.

You scribbled something down at the top of the page. Just a random place holder title until you came up with something better.

The people that you must remember.

"Hey there Elvira, you're back!"

The voice managed to cut through the music from your headphones and you saw Kenny McCormick waving at you from the track field before making his way towards you. You slid your headphones around your neck and smiled. "Yeah, I am! What did I miss?" "My cock." Kenny said nanchalantly with a cheeky gap-toothed grin as he hopped over the fence to reach you. You snorted a laugh and rolled your eyes. "So I didn't miss anything big, okay, that's good." He paused at your snide comment and clasped a hand over his heart. "You wound me, Elvira, I'm hung like a horse!" "Oh god, I WISh I was Elvira," You giggled softly, closing your notebook now, "Her boobs are like, a billion times better than mine. Those things probably give off their own gravity." You were hoping that was funny. God, back home talking to people was no big deal, but here it was different. Especially him...which was infuriating because you didn't even actually know him! Ugh! "Anyway, uh...you're hella fast." Kenny smirked at your words, leaning on the seat in front of him. "Thanks. And if it makes you feel better, I'm like, 90% sure those were implants. Nothin' like that is au natural." He then gave a lopsided grin and a wink. You felt your ears start to heat up, fuck. "So," Kenny continued, "Is there a reason you're watchin' me, or should I call the cops?" He suddenly threw his arms across his chest, obscuring his nipples. "I'm not just a piece of meat for you to ogle!" You paused, processing for a minute before bursting into a fit of laughter. Hard. It transitioned into this squeaking, and them am almost familiar silent shaking. He was funny! A wide grin broke out across the blonde's face. It had been a while since a girl laughed this hard at one of his jokes. "Hey, hey! Breath! You how it'll look if someone walks out here and sees me with an unconscious chick?"

A pang of familiarity hit him, but goddamn it, he couldn't place it.

"I-I'm okay, I'm okay!" You giggled, covering your mouth and shaking your head. The goth kids glared at the little interaction between the two of you. What a pair of conformist losers. You took some deep breaths, trying to calm down. "Just...give me a second...I'm okay.." "Eeeeeehhone Mississippe.." Kenny began counting, and that did NOT help you, only forcing you into another laughing fit. You bent over, laughing, and your reading glasses began to slide off your face. Luckily for you, years of taking care of Karen and being a literal superhero gave Kenny some serious dad reflexes. His hand shot out and caught the glasses just as they fell from your face. "Careful there, Velma. Wouldn't want you to be unable to see my gorgeous face and righteous body."