5. As A SHIELD Agent

Steve was sitting in his apartment at the window side, drawing in his sketch book of the beautiful New York town. It's been 3 weeks since the New York alien invasion and he spent his time mostly by drawing random things.

His phone rang on his bedside table and the caller ID flashed name of Agent Hill. " Agent Hill here , Director Fury wants to meet you Captain.  You have to reach at Triskellien Head Quarter before 2pm."

Ugh again Fury', he thought to himself. " Ok I'll be there. Another alien attack , Agent Hill ?"

Hill slightly chuckled on his amused question . " No no , I don't think it could be any alien attack related but it's not my place to talk about it , so you have to attend the meeting here."

" 'Meeting ' , any other Avengers joining too ??" Ok it's confusing him.

" No he asked some high-level SHIELD Stricke Agents . So see you at the meeting."  She hung up.

He came downstairs of his apartment and rode his motor bike towards Triskellien.

He reached there 30min earlier . Agent Hill had sent an Agent, who leads him to Fury's meeting room. When he was about to reach there , he saw Clint at the corridor.  They both greeted each other and shared a small smile between them. " Hello Captain, I think you are early for the meeting."

Steve smiled at him," You are not included in the meeting ??"

Clint gestured towards his bag," No no , I'm on my leave for some days. I'm going on a short vacation. "

Steve too looked at Clint's bag. " Oh , enjoy your vacation then. I have no idea why Fury called me for meeting. "

Clint replied " No don't worry, I don't think he is gonna appoint you on mission or something.  Go meet him. I have to go now. Bye bye Captain..."

Steve waved good bye to a rushing Clint and smiled thinking that he and Clint will make good friends in future.

He entered the meeting room and saw Fury instructing  some agents.  When Steve reached them , Fury dismissed all the agents and gestured to take a seat at opposite side of his desk.

Fury started in a formal tone " So Captain, you must be thinking that why I suddenly called you today. So tell me, what do you want to do here nowadays ??"

Steve looked at him confusingly.

Fury sensed his confusions " I have an offer for you, more like a job offer. What do you think about joining in SHIELD ?"

Fury doesn't want to confuse him more, so he quickly added, " Look Captain, yes , our agency is in secret intelligence category. But we have an army of agents too, for emergency rescue and attacks . And we would be glad if you join us.  So I think you should join us and I want to appoint you as SHIELD Strike Team Leader. "

Steve thought about it deeply.  He dedicated his whole life to help and save people. As far as he knew about SHIELD, of course their ways of solving problems are different but intention is well being of people.

So he agreed to his offer " Ok , I'll join in SHIELD. But I must admit that I need some more time to adjust and understand to your system and policy of SHIELD. "

Fury understood his sincerity, " I understand, Captain, how hard it'll be for you. That's why I'll appoint our best agent to guide you through our job and our system. "

He nodded and got up from his chair to leave when Fury informed him, " You have to come to head quarter next week again . We'll discuss further prosses details. "

He came out of his office when Maria Hill met him at corridor. He raised his eyebrows at her . " You knew about it , didn't you??"

She smiled at him " Yes Captain, I knew it.  But we are called secret agency for a reason. I can't reveal anything without permission. "

Steve smiled at her answer " OK , see you next week. Fury said we'll discuss further details then."

Hill politely returned his smile " So be prepared, for all of this what you've left few weeks ago. "

They bid their good byes and he returned to his apartment with a new hope. He thought his life was gonna be valueless in the new and modern world.  But now he found a new purpose in his life. To stand still for what is right. to fight for what is right.

Maybe it'll lead me to my Reason for Staying Alive..... .....