Chapter 59: Sokovia Goes Up

Y/N's POV

As we are on our way to Sokovia Cap gives us a speech.

Steve: Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. That's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultrons been building, we find Ramonoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right.

So after Cap says this we make it to Sokovia, we all then get out of the quinjet.

Clint, Wanda, Cole and I then to help evacuate as many people as possible.

Bruce also went to get Natasha so she'll be joining the fight soon.

After a few minutes of evacuating the civilians we feel the ground shake.

Y/N: What the fuck is happening?

Clint: I don't know.

Cole: Oh my god.

The ground then starts to go up into the air, Sokovia was being brought up in the air.

Then we hear Ultron's voice speak through one of his bots.

Ultron: Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only living thing in this world will be metal.

The section of Sokovia that we were on continues to lift in the air.

Then Cap comes over the comms.

Steve: Stark, you worry about getting the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, Tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt em back. You get killed, walk it off.

I jump on a car and flip over it and web a bot and pull it towards me and rip it apart.

More bots start coming in and they shoot blasts at Wanda, Cole, Clint and I.

Y/N: Go! Go! Go!

Then as Clint and Cole take cover, I grab Wanda and dive into a building.

I then look over at Wanda.

Wanda: How could I let this happen?

Y/N: Hey, hey. You okay?

I get on my knees and turn to Wanda.

Wanda: This is all our fault.

Y/N: Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyone's fault. Who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I really need to know. Because the city is flying. We're fighting an army of robots, I'm wearing spandex and Clint is only using a bow and arrows. None of this makes since.

I then fire an impact web through a small hole in the building.

Y/N: But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. Doesn't matter what you did or what you were. So if you go out there you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, your good, I'll go find your brother to come and find you. But if you step out of this door, you are an avenger. All right, good chat.