SC#4: LONELY BIRTHDAY(?)

~{September 15, 2029}~

*6 Years after*

Felix woke up in his bed with a large frown masking up in his face. Well, you may be asking, what would be the reason of his sadness just this early morning?

Because.... IT'S HIS 28TH BIRTHDAY!!

And you may be wondering, why would he be sad if it's his birthday? He should be happy and enjoying as he celebrate another year of the day he was born, right?

Well it's because, other than he hates the fact that he's getting older, he also despised the fact that the love of his life is not here beside him when he opened his eyes this morning.

And this day was not the only day he woke up without HyunJins' presence beside him.

It started since 8 months ago.

When Hyunjins' mother was sent to hospital and was diagnosed by lung cancer, stage four and brain tumor.

HyunJin and his mother had already cut ties with each other 7 years ago, right? Why would HyunJin even go back to her when they already ended their relationship as mother and son?

Well, even though HyunJin doesn't want to do it as well at first, his father visited him again in his dream and told him to come home and take care of her. He was totally against it because first, she never took good care of him when he was in need for care, so why would he do the same to her?

But his father was persistent, telling HyunJin that he needs to go back to Korea. Since her time is ticking near already.

And that made HyunJin decide to go back and visit her again. Not because he genuinely want to. Only because his father asked him to do it. He was just doing his father a favor.

Felix was fine about it. It's not big deal for him. He completely understand it. And also, he's happy that he let HyunJin go back to Korea and let him and his mom meet again because then, his mom started apologizing to all the thing she have done to her son.

Well, that probably is the reason why his father want HyunJin to go back.

The mother and son have fixed their relationship even though the time remaining for them are already limited to be together. She tried to be a good mother for HyunJin for those remaining months. She started doing all the things she haven't did as a mother. She talked to HyunJin all day long and asked things about his life. She then also accepted HyunJin wholeheartedly, his sexuality, him overall. She was also happy to meet his friends, especially Felix. She said she recognizes the man because it was her sons' childhood bestfriend and was happy that the two of them ended up together.

She badly wanna take the time back when she realized how much she fucked up as a mother and fix it. She just realized that after a year HyunJin left her. She was in deep guilt and grief, but she know she can't do anything about it anymore. She can't get HyunJin back to her because she know HyunJin doesn't see her as his mom anymore. And she was scared to apologize because she thought HyunJin will just ignore her and push her away. All those 6 years was a torture for her. But she have done those to herself, and so she think that these sickness of hers were the payment of her actions.

But after all, she was happy and glad that HyunJin decided to visit her, despite of all the things she have done to her son. She was contented enough even if HyunJin will not talk to him. She just want his presence beside her. This is what she only desire. But then she was even more grateful that HyunJin did talk to her. He let them two talk. He even let her apologize.

She was more than happy to be able to talk to her son before the deadlights will take her soul.

And just after four months, her life then went to thin straight line, indicating that she finally reached the end of the day of her whole life. She lost the battle from fighting all her sickness.