Chapter 39

Chapter 39

    If the red marks

    were like this, who would be the one who wanted to harm Xiao Hongze?

    In other words, what secret did her brother know that he felt that he was in danger, and that he might be chased and killed.

    Thinking of the "Prince" mentioned by Xiao Hongze just now, Biwu's unease couldn't help but add a little more.

    If you want to talk about the prince's elusive secret...it should be the only one.

    But why did Xiao Hongze mention the prince in front of King Yu?

    She always thought that in her previous life, Duke Anguo's mansion had always been outside the struggle for the throne, but now it seems that things may not be as simple as she thought.

    Biwu's mind was chaotic, and the unthinkable things were stacked layer by layer, woven into a tight chaotic web, which made her quite breathless.

    She thought that she would always know more than others after experiencing her previous life, but now that she looks at it, she realizes that she still knows nothing about many things.

    She curled up her hands in her sleeves slightly, trying to suppress the trembling of her fingertips, and immediately bent down to pick up the silk handkerchief on the ground with a calm expression, and stepped into the pavilion with a smile, as if she didn't hear what she just said.

    "Brother looks like this, could it be that he lost chess?" she teased.

    Xiao Hongze was stunned for a moment, then smiled, "With my chess skills, I can't compare to His Royal Highness Prince Yu."

    "His Royal Highness is very good at chess, and it's not a shame to lose to your brother."

    Bi Wu glanced at the chess game on the table. , And look at King Yu, but King Yu is still smiling as usual, and it is impossible to see any clues from his face.

    Seeing her look over, he only said: "The princess praised me like this, but I feel ashamed."

    "The princess is right, His Highness's chess skills really convince me." Xiao Hongze stood up and said, "I suddenly remembered, The Ministry of War still has some matters to deal with, so we need to take the first step, we can no longer entertain His Royal Highness and Princess, please forgive His Highness and Princess.”

    Prince Yu nodded and said, "Business matters are important, Duke An Guo doesn't have to care about the king and his concubine, let's go to work first."

    "Thank you, Your Highness." Xiao Hongze bowed his hands and saluted, and slowly retreated.

    Biwu stood on the spot, watching Xiao Hongze's back gradually drifting away, thoughtfully.

    When Xiao Hongze was not here, King Yu did not go to the main hall to eat dinner, or because he was afraid of bothering Mrs. Xiao, he only had the food delivered to Zhuo Cui Xuan and used it briefly with Bi Wu.

    I thought that after dinner, King Yu would probably go back to the palace, but King Yu said that he wanted to stay overnight, saying that it was rare to come back and let Biwu accompany Mrs. Xiao no matter how good he was.

    Biwu was naturally happy. After dinner, he went to Mrs. Xiao's Qiwu Garden. The grandparents and grandchildren were talking, but for a while, they forgot the time. It was not until the time of Hai, after being reminded by Mama Liu, that Biwu was quite reluctant to part. He got up and went back to Zhuo Cui Xuan.