Chapter 78

Chapter 78

    The war in the

    southwest has not yet reached a dead end. Everything is the same as in the previous life. Emperor Yong An thought about it for a few days, and he was unwilling to ask Nishizawa for peace in such a humiliating way, and decisively rejected Nishizawa's request for a marriage proposal.

    Xiao Hongze and a group of soldiers would rather die in battle than surrender. Seeing Dazhao expelled the envoy, he refused to submit to the peace letter. Five days later, Caesar's army of 70,000 attacked again. The plan was to take the southwest frontier in one fell swoop, but the Dazhao army, which had little resistance to it, was smashed. With this trend, under the disparity of 20,000 troops, Caesar's army was pushed back all the way to dozens of miles away.

    The good news was quickly sent back to the capital, and the inner servant who was serving in the imperial study at the time said that after learning of the news, Emperor Yong An sat in front of the Nanmu table, and first laughed, and then the laughter gradually subsided, his shoulders trembled, Covering his face with his hands, he sat quietly for a long time.

    It was not only Emperor Yong'an who cried with joy, but also Biwu and everyone from the Xiao family. When the news came, Biwu was taking Xu'er to speak with the old lady at the mansion of Anguo. After the servant hurried to report, the old lady Xiao was stunned. After a long time, he even said a few words "Okay, that's great", and immediately wiped his tears with a handkerchief. Biwu and all the girls and women in the house couldn't help sobbing.     This great victory was like sunlight penetrating the dark clouds, dispelling most of the haze and fear brought by the near loss of the southwest border. There were more smiles and noises in the streets and alleys of the capital, and everything slowly returned to normal.     Half a month later, Caesar's thief never died and attacked Jingcheng again at night.     However, the weather was getting warmer at this time, and all the sick Da Zhao soldiers had recovered to health. In addition, Xiao Hongze was well prepared, and the enemy army of Caesar who had rashly attacked did not succeed. Instead, the casualties were heavy, and they were beaten and fled. Xiao Hongze led his troops. Pursue victory.     In another month, Caesar's army, which was retreating steadily, saw that the Jokhao army was about to break through the border, and sent envoys to come to negotiate. Only this time, they presented a letter of surrender.     Yong'an Emperor Longyan Dayue immediately ordered Xiao Hongze to lead a large army to return to the dynasty in order to receive a reward.     I thought that everything was settled, and in March, the Spring Festival, which is held every three years, was held as scheduled.

    Emperor Yong'an performed a roll call in the Golden Palace, and after the champion, second place, tanhua and all the jinshi were appointed, the first three people arranged flowers in red, led by the champion, surrounded by drum music and honor guards all the way out of Zhengyangmen, crossed horses and paraded through the streets, it was very lively.

    All the people in the capital came to watch this triennial grand scene. The high-spirited Zhuangyuan Lang, who rode on a tall horse, was the beloved son of Zuo Shaoqing of Honglu Temple.     Never thought that at the right moment of the jubilation, a ragged scholar suddenly rushed to the middle of the road to stop the horse, holding a blood book, shouting grievances.     The horse that Zhuang Yuanlang was riding was frightened and rushed forward, unable to stop it for a while, trampling the aggrieved person to his death.     This matter is known to everyone, and Emperor Yong'an was also shocked by it, and ordered people to present a blood letter.     What he said on it was true and bloody. The scholar wanted to sue the officials of the capital for bribes, exchange of examination papers, and fraud in the imperial examination. Emperor Yong An was furious and ordered the Ministry of Punishment to investigate the case immediately.     When he heard about this, Biwu didn't show much surprise on his face, because everything just happened again according to the trajectory of the previous life.     She also knew that this was not a simple case of fraud in the imperial examination. In the past life, this was the real reason for King Cheng's defeat.     She was the only one who didn't have the heart to care about this, because soon after, Xiao Hongze led his troops back to the capital.     Tens of thousands of troops returned from Deshengmen in a mighty manner. In addition to cheers, there were also cries in the crowd. This time, most of them were crying with joy. Biwu also hugged Xuer and watched the triumphant grand occasion in the restaurants along the way.     It's only been over half a year, and his brother has lost a lot of weight. He has a shaggy beard at the jaw. He thought he was rushing back and didn't have time to take care of himself, but because of this, he went to that elegant and elegant book. Showing some sassy and heroic appearance.     Xu'er sat in Biwu's arms, pointed out the window and kept shouting: "Mother, look, it's uncle, it's uncle!"     Biwu responded with wet eyes, "Well, it's your uncle, it's your uncle who has returned safely. …”