Chapter 54

Chapter 54

    Less than two months after the arrest of

    Prince Zhou for burial, although Emperor Yong'an's body gradually recovered, the inside and outside of the courtroom was still a cloud of gloom.

    Biwu also hesitated as to whether Xu'er would hold a banquet this week, lest the festive scene would offend Emperor Yong'an, but the queen mother still said something, saying that the matter of the prince had nothing to do with Xu'er, and that Zhou Qiu's banquet was a happy event, There is no need to be too shy.

    After the empress dowager said so, Biwu no longer hesitated and started to organize the feast.

    Maybe it was still in the way of the prince's rebellion. Now everyone in the capital is in danger. Even if the invitations were sent out, not many people came to the banquet that day.

    Biwu didn't care either, it was easier for her to entertain with fewer people.

    However, if no one else came, the Xiao family would come. Mrs. Xiao also brought Xu'er a pair of tiger-head shoes that she personally made.

    Xiao Yuying also came. After she got married, she is now part of Tang's family. Along with him was Tang Bianxiu. This man was taciturn. .

    Biwu nodded slightly and gave him a deep look, but then she saw Xiao Yuying's face full of spring breeze, smiling like a flower, she knew that she should have a good life after marriage, and she was relieved.

    Just like the last Baiqiu ceremony, the latest guest was the Queen Mother.

    She picked up Xu'er and looked at the little doll carved in pink and jade in her arms. She really liked it so much that she took off the sandalwood bracelet that she had worn for many years and gave it to Xu'er.

    Seeing that all the guests had arrived, and King Yu had not returned, Biwu was so anxious that she asked Yinling to send someone to check it out.

    King Yu was on leave today, but he was summoned by the palace in the morning, but now he has not come back after more than two hours.

    Since King Yu was not there, it was not easy to start the originally scheduled catch week. Biwu had to arrange for the guests to have some tea and snacks in the hall and wait for a while.

    The crowd didn't care, because they were having a good time with the protagonist of today's banquet.

    Xu'er, who is one year old, learns to walk a little faster than others, and can walk slowly for a while while being led by an adult.

    The queen mother held an orange in her hand and deliberately sat on the chair and stretched out her hand to tease Xu'er. Xu'er really smiled and walked over, and at the back she even let go of Qian's mother's hand and threw herself into the queen mother's arms. He grabbed the yellow orange and held it happily and danced, and the bell of the longevity lock hanging around his neck also tinkled with his movements.

    Seeing this situation, the people around couldn't help but be amused by his funny appearance.

    After about half a stick of incense, a young servant hurried in and stood in front of Biwu panting and said, "Princess...here, come..."

    "But Your Highness is back?" Biwu asked him .

    The man nodded, then shook his head abruptly, and sighed his breath: "Your Highness is back, and he has brought a distinguished guest."

    "Honored guest?" Biwu wondered, and wanted to ask again, but out of the corner of his eye he caught a glimpse of someone After striding into the courtyard, it was King Yu who followed behind.