Chapter 113

Chapter 113 Fanwai Twenty One

In the thirteenth year of Chengze, on the fifth day of the eighth lunar month, the East Palace.

    Yu Huaixu wanted to go to the Queen Mother to say goodbye, but unexpectedly, when he arrived at the Yuning Palace, he was in vain. He forgot about it. His Queen Mother left the palace early in the morning and went to the Duke Anguo Mansion, because today was his great-grandmother's memorial day.

    The old lady lost her husband in middle age, lost her son in old age, and her life was bumpy and ill, but she was a complete success. Generations, great-grandchildren, a dozen people gathered around her bed, calling her and guarding her.

    Mrs. Xiao has no regrets in her life. Even Xiao Hongze, who was most worried at the beginning, also had two sons and a daughter with Li Qiulan, and Xiao Hongsheng also got a special license to drive back from the frontier and saw his grandmother for the last time. He was just like in his previous life. , fulfilled his wish to go into battle to kill the enemy and defend the family and the country, and made illustrious military exploits.

    Cheng Huan is full of children and grandchildren. In the last ten years, she has enjoyed the happiness of her family, and she can close her eyes and go to the other side to be reunited with her husband, son and daughter-in-law.

    Although Mrs. Xiao lived much longer than her previous life, her mother and queen were still very sad after she had been gone for the past two years, and even occasionally brought up her great-grandmother and could not help crying.

    Yu Huaixu knew that his mother would not return from the Duke Anguo's mansion within two days, so he turned to the personal eunuch Meng Jiu and asked, "Why haven't you seen Shu Er in these two days?"

    Meng Jiu hesitated and took a long time to answer. "Her Royal Highness the princess these two days...these two days have been in the martial arts field in the southeast of the palace..."

    Yu Huaixu frowned slightly, "Where is she going and what is she doing?"

    Meng Jiu said, "I don't know who is with the princess. He made a mouthful in front of him and said that the martial arts field was lively and many young masters from aristocratic families were training there. Her Royal Highness became interested and took Miss Pei to visit the martial arts field for two consecutive days."

    Soon after Emperor Cheng Ze took the throne, In order to rectify those noble family sons in the capital who are lazy, do not want to make progress, and have no strength to tie the chicken, an imperial decree was specially issued, saying that the sons of all officials in the capital, regardless of their descendants, after reaching the age of thirteen, must be in the palace's martial arts field. After two years of training, they can participate in the imperial examinations.

    This imperial decree not only made the extravagant and intoxicated son of a noble family complain, but also gave the oppressed sons a chance to show their prominence.

    Emperor Chengze was wise and knew the pearl, and occasionally went to the martial arts field to observe. Once he found a rough jade that could be carved, he would use it after careful consideration of his character and ability. With these good officials who are diligent and responsible for the people, in the more than ten years since the decree was implemented, the Dazhao River is full of rivers and seas, prosperous and prosperous. The people are well-dressed and live in peace and contentment.

    When Yu Huaixu heard that Yu Rongshu went to the martial arts field, his expression changed, and when he heard that she brought Pei Miqing with him, his face sank instantly.