Why?

young stephen,depression

Why is life so hard?who knows.Could it because your supposed to be on a path to do great or is it because your being punished,who knows.

Life has always been hard for Stephen,always second place to his brother,always assumed,never asked if he was okay.His parents always just assumed he was fine and would always ask him if his brother was okay when he looked upset.He faked it for attention,Stephen on the other hands would cry himself to sleep and force a smile,he was never asked if he was okay.

Like today he got left behind by his parents,they went out to celebrate his brother for winning a game of rugby and they didn't ask him if he wanted to go or ask how his day was.And his day was great for once because he got the highest grade on the test his class took.But if he told them would they be proud,who knows.

It felt like a punch to the gut when he realized he was alone and couldn't curl up in his bed like he usually does,see he left his key in the locker room while he was at gym but a bunch of pricks took his stuff and with the stuff was his house key so now he was locked out and it was raining and cold.

He knew his parents won't be home for a while,yes he knows he can call but he won't not now.He walked to the abandoned playground and sat on the swings,letting the tears he has been holding in all day out,not caring if anyone sees.It was rather pathetic sitting on the swings,getting socked from the rain and his own tears.

He pulled out his phone and looked at the time and realized he was sitting there for 3 and half hours so he got up and hoped his parents were home.He dragged himself to his house and saw the car,they were.Slowly he opened the door and heard laughing coming fro the living room but he didn't care all he wanted to do was go to his room and change in warm clothes and sleep.

But no his mom saw him first"And where have you been mister do you know what time it is"She yelled at him.His dad heard the yelling and came in the room,angry to"You know what time it is"he was about to respond and tell them but his dad shook his head and pointed to the stairs"No go and your grounded for a week" Stephen went up not bothering anymore.

He didn't bother getting undressed he just curled up on his bed and cried.Why was life so hard and unfair?,he thought before falling into a coma for the night. 

Yeah why is life so hard,someone tell me,going to post a couple more for this year and take a break to help with my mental health especially since Christmas is coming up.Have a nice day :)