Isolation

Ant and Dec were growing more concerned about their friend Stephen Mulhern. Stephen had been cutting himself off from the outside world for a few weeks now, calling and texting friends and family just rarely. This behavior was highly unusual of the normally sociable and energetic magician and presenter.

After a particularly long day of filming, Ant and Dec made the decision to check up on Stephen,so they went to his house.Just as they got closer to the door, they heard soft music coming from inside. They chose to make use of the extra key Stephen had given them in case of an emergency after knocking a few times and getting no response.

Ant and Dec were shocked by what they saw when they walked in. The only light in Stephen's typically clean and colorfully decorated living room was the light coming from the television. Sitting slouched on the couch, Stephen seemed oblivious to their presence as he stared blankly at the TV.

"Stephen, mate, what's going on?" Ant asked, concern lacing his voice.

Stephen looked up, his eyes tired and empty. "Oh, hey, guys. Sorry, I've just been feeling a bit off lately," he mumbled.

Dec sat down next to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "You can talk to us, you know. We're here for you."

Taking a deep breath, Stephen surprisingly told them how the expectations of work and the media's constant criticism had been getting to him. He admitted that he had been isolating himself since that's all he knew how to do in some situations.

Both Ant and Dec listened to him and knew where he was coming from.All though they couldn't do much they did tell him that things would get better and if he wanted them to they'd tell people to back off.But Stephen said no since he didn't want to 'start something' with the media.

Ant and Dec decided that they were staying the night just to make sure Stephen would be fine.

"Stevie you want pizza or something."Ant questioned grabbing his phone so he could order something for the three.

"Pizza sounds good."Stephen mumbled bringing his blanket to his face.While Ant ordered the pizza,Dec started to clean up the room before joining Stephen on the couch.

"So Stephen how about tomorrow the three of us go to the park or something."Dec asked his younger friend.

Stephen looked at him and seemed to debate on saying yes or something before nodding.

"Okay the pizza is on it's way."Ant said before sitting down on the other side of Stephen.

Nothing was said and that was fine with the three guys.Dec and Ant knew Stephen would be fine if they stayed around him.Though they did silently promise each other if they were out and heard someone bad talking Stephen they'd say something.

Stephen sat quietly between the two and was secretly glad that the boys decided to come over but he wouldn't have admitted it.