His overprotective brothers

In addition to being popular TV hosts, Dec and Ant were also well-known for their fierce protection of another colleague presenter Stephen Mulhern. Everything started when Stephen appeared on their show as a guest star during a popular talent competition. Dec and Ant liked the lively and endearing magician right away when they first met him.

Stephen's friendship with Dec and Ant developed along with his career. They saw him as a younger brother in need of support and guidance in the cruel world of show business, in addition to being a coworker. Dec, the more level-headed and cautious one, would frequently give Stephen advice on how to choose a career and who to trust. In contrast, Ant was more of a hands-on guardian, always ensuring that Stephen returned home without incident following a late-night filming.

When Stephen confessed he was crushing on a new assistant producer, their overprotectiveness increased to new levels. Dec and Ant jumped right into being Stephen's big brothers and started questioning the poor girl to make sure she was worthy of his affection well of course after teasing Stephen. They even installed hidden security cameras to monitor her in the time that Stephen was not around.

Even though Dec and Ant could come across as overbearing at times, Stephen was aware of their good intentions. They sincerely cared about his well-being and simply wanted the best for him. Even though he frequently rolled his eyes at their pranks, he secretly appreciated having such devoted friends to look out for him.

 Well Dec and Ant came to Stephen's rescue one day when he was in a vulnerable position and a shady agent was attempting to take advantage of him. They were able to get Stephen out of the situation by more or less threatening the dude.

There was no way in hell they would let someone walk over Stephen like the agent was trying to do if they had a say in it.

He was after all there little brother that neither had and refused to let him be hurt by anyone since a sad Stephen is a very bad thing and God help whoever hurts him.