Froyo Date

I'm sorry if you don't like frozen yogurt, but froyo is my life and I haven't had any in years so this is how I cope 😭

Hundreds of flavours surrounded Y/n, all from fruity flavours to different flavoured cakes. Along with that the choice of toppings were endless. Gummy bears, sour straps, popping pearls all sat in trays on the counter. Everything was perfect. This was all she wanted in life. The only thing was that it was just a dream, which she realised when her eyes fluttered open. 

For a couple seconds she lay there in disappointment, wishing that it were real. She was only brought back to reality when the arm around her waist tightened. The bedsheets then moved as the person beside her shuffled about. 

"Good morning, what were you dreaming about my sweet girl?" Eddie asked, his raspy morning voice sending shivers down her neck. "I think I heard something about froyo."

"Don't even remind me." She groaned in annoyance before turning around to face him. He had that sweet smile that she always loved waking up to. Maybe she didn't have an all you can eat frozen yogurt machine, but she did have him. "I wanna go back to sleep."

"So you can keep on dreaming about froyo like it's the love of your life? I don't think so." He complained, peppering her face with kisses in hopes of her changing her mind. She tried to dodge them so she could close her eyes and hopefully fall back asleep. 

There was nothing that could bring her back now. She was deep in the froyo hypno as Eddie would call it. Now he had no choice but to let her fall back into her slumber so she could dream about something that wasn't him.

One thing Eddie had learnt long ago about Y/n was her love for froyo. She'd reminisce on all the good times when her parents took her to the beach and got her frozen yogurt. So she didn't only love the amazing taste but also the memories that came along. 

Sadly, Hawkins didn't have a frozen yogurt shop. There was Scoops Ahoy, but no offence to Steve and Robin, it just wasn't the same. Whenever a store closed down, people would guess what the next one would be. Y/n always had one wish; for it to be a frozen yogurt shop. But it never was. 

Maybe when she graduated she'd open up her own one. Or if her and Eddie left town they'd move somewhere that a froyo shop was situated a maximum of twenty minutes away. Then after a long day she could just walk over there and get herself some frozen yogurt. That was the dream. 

"Fine, ten more minutes but then we've gotta go to school." He whispered, heading towards his bedroom door. "That's if you wanna graduate this year?"

"Yeah, yeah." She grumbled, before rolling over onto her stomach. "I just want frozen yogurt."

——

The bell went for the end of the school day so Y/n said bye to her friends and went straight for the parking lot. For a minute or two she stood on the path waiting for Eddie to show up. That's when his van came driving around the corner.

Her eyes lit up the second she spotted him so she wasted no time by running up to him. He then hopped out and opened the door and bowed before she climbed in. Afterwards he ran back around and got back in before driving off out of the school. 

"Where we going?"

"Just wait and see." He replied, tapping the steering wheel along with the music that was playing quietly. Y/n rolled her eyes playfully, staring out the window while humming along softly with the music. 

The entire ride to where ever they were going was full of them singing along to songs or talking about their days. Longer drives in his van were always like this. Unless it was like a night time drive and they were both exhausted. Then the drives would mostly consist of silence, but the comfortable kind. 

Eventually they had made it to his destination which was near a beach. There were people all along the sand playing or swimming in the water. A bunch of shops were lined up by the road filled with other people.

He turned the music down as they got closer to the crowd. Once he found a good parking spot he helped her out the car before they walked along the line of shops. That's when she saw it, in the distance something she hadn't seen for years. 

"No, no, no you didn't." Y/n managed to blurt out before covering her mouth. Tears started gathering in her eyes. She then turned around to Eddie and pulled him in for a tight hug. This was even better than her dream. Not only was she by a frozen yogurt shop, but with the person she loved most. This was a dream come true.

"Well, what are we waiting for sweetheart?" He said, breaking her from her state of mind. "Let's get some froyo."

She wasted no time, grabbing onto his arm before dragging him along till they entered the store. It was even better than last time. All the different flavours and toppings. Y/n's reaction was like a child in a candy store. She was trying her hardest not to squeal, multiple times Eddie had to rub her shoulders to try and calm her down.

It took a little while for her to choose some flavours but eventually she did but then it was the same when she got to the toppings. It took a lot of help from Eddie before she got to weigh the cup of yogurt. Then they exited the place and walked back over to his van. 

He slid the back door open where some blankets were laid down on the floor for them. There was also a perfect view of the water from his parking spot just to set the mood. This moment couldn't get more perfect than having frozen yogurt at the beach with him. 

"How's the yogurt?" Eddie asked, a smirk on his face knowing that she was in love with it.

"So, good!" She was already halfway through her froyo and there was no sign of her slowing down. "Thank you so much Eds."

"Anything for you sweetheart." He wrapped his arm around her as she rested her head on his shoulder. He really knew how to squeeze his way into her heart. Even if it was just by taking her out on a froyo date.