44. Give Me Attention

After dinner I had to work.. I am a lot behind in my studies, and I have to finish college on a strong note.. So I had to work.. Moreover tae made me work.. Tae is very punctual in work.. But recently I was so caught up with our lives, and what is happening to us, that I didn't get a proper chance to work..

Tae went directly to his office..

Tae- come to my office and work there..

Yn- i can work in the bedroom..

Tae- i know you will sleep.. So don't make me scold you, and just come..

I sighed and I knew I didn't have any other option, so I had to go... I brought my laptop and notebooks to his room.. When I entered the room, I saw him focused deep in his laptop.. He looks scary with a serious face.. At first while dating him, I used to think he was angry, but then I understood that this is his normal face.. They call it "resting bitch face"... when I put down the laptop on the table opposite to him, he heard the noise and looked at me.. He gave me a serious nodd, and went back to his work.. I don't like this..

I went to him, and peeked at his laptop. I saw he had several tabs open, and he is making some sort of notes in bullet points, and there are several charts, and he checked on those, and a presentation he is making.. I tried my best to understand what was happening on the screen.. But I failed...

Tae- what are you doing here?? Don't you have your work to do??

He looked up at me, turning his revolving chair at me.. I went and sat on his lap, my arms around his neck.. Instinctually his hands went to my waist to hold me.. I made a pout...

Yn- i want attention.. Plz give me some attention mr kim..

Tae smiled at me.. And the serious expression turned into a warm fuzzy expression..

Tae- why?? Suddenly?? Do you want attention??

Yn- bcz you are looking way too good while working..

He chuckled..

Yn- who is your secretary?? That girl.. Why do you have a girl as your secretary?? You should have a boy.. Why would someone else see you in this expression other than me?? Why why??

Tae put his index finger on my lips..

Tae- huushh.. Nobody sees any side of me, other than you.. I told you this way too many times.. But why don't you believe me?? What do I have to do to make you believe me??

Yn- umm.. I guess you can start with giving me attention..

Tae- okay.. All my attention is on you..

Yn- okay then..

Tae- then??

Yn- what??

Tae- what are you going to do with all my attention??

Yn- yaa.. That's a good question..

I looked around me, trying to find something to do or something to talk about.. And I saw his laptop open..

Yn- what are you working on??

Tae- business..

Yn- ya.. What about business??

Tae- do you understand anything in business??

Yn- no..

Tae- so what is the point of telling you??

Yn- why don't you try to make me understand??

Tae- hmm.. Okay... so I am working on a project..

Yn- okay.. Then??

Tae- we are expanding our business to japan.. And we are collaborating with a japanese company, so they are doing and taking care of all the marketing and advertisement for us there.. But we have to make our product strong.. So.. I am working on that..

Yn- what product?? Aren't you a mafia??

Tae chuckled- ynaahh.. You are so cute..

He pecked on my cheek..

Tae- that is a hidden thing.. They all know I am mafia and all, but I still have other business.. Like real transportation.. And we are creating a branch of our cabs in japan.. Like a newly launched product... for their specific need.. You understand??

Yn- yaa.. But I thought you only do mafia things..

Tae- no.. nobody does that.. No mafia is just a mafia.. They have their own business, and there is stuff that is illegal they also do..

Yn- why do they do it??

Tae's face started getting serious.. And I don't wanna risk it..

Yn- I mean I know you.. But why do these business people start doing illegal stuff??

Tae's face softens again..

Tae- mostly bcz everyone has to adjust and do something illegal.. Bcz this world is created like that.. You can't create your own company just by yourself, and not do anything "bad".. There are no people in this business world who didn't do any kind of illegal stuff..

Yn- like no one??

Tae- no one.. If they are themself creating the business from scratch.. But if someone inherits it from their parents, then they can be good..

Yn- ohh..

Tae- you know when you reach a certain point of growth in your business and you have money and prestige, then you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.. But before that to reach that point, you have to do a lot of stuff..

Yn- but.. Why does nobody get arrested..

Tae smiled again..

Tae- bcz police and the judiciary, and the politicians benefit from it as well..

Yn- i don't understand..

Tae- bcz you are cute.. And naive.. You don't know how the world works..

He smiled.. A warm smile... his eyes showing love for me..

Yn- but i know how you work..