74. If We Are Together, We Can Do Anything

When I opened my eyes, tae was sleeping on me.. His head resting on my chest... His arms hugged my waist... I rub his back with my palm.. Gently... 

He moved a little and made some groaning  noise with his mouth... He looked up at me.. And placed his head back on the pillow... I caressed his cheek... He smiled a little with half open eyes... 

Yn- you slept well??

Tae- i did... After a long time..

He sighed deeply..

Yn- why is that so??

Tae- lately a lot of things are going on in my life, in our life... 

Yn- and now??

Tae- still everything is going on yniiee.. Everything is all messed up, and weird... But being with you makes me feel happy.. 

Yn- then why were you not with me??

Tae- bcz i thought.. You didn't like me the way I was before.. I thought you wanted me to change... So I tried my best to be the way you want me to be.. So that you love me... But now...

Yn- but now??

Tae- i know that you don't want that.. That you are okay with me being the old me..

Yn- tae... 

I sighed... Calming myself..

Yn- i don't like you in some way or the other... I just love you.. And you should be what you are not changing to what i like or not... 

Tae- but you told me you can't take it anymore... 

Yn- yaa.. There are things about you I don't like.. Sometimes when you behave a certain way.. I don't like that.. But... I am not telling you to change.. I am asking you to understand me to be with me, see my point of view.. Not for you to change.. 

Tae- it is weird.. I don't understand what you say most of the time...

Yn- well.. I am a woman.. 

He chuckled and pecked my cheek... 

We stayed silent for a few moments when I noticed he was stressed and may be thinking something... It felt more like contemplating something in his mind...

Yn- do you wanna say something to me???

Tae looked at me... And sighed. ..

Tae- I want to... But I don't know how to say anything... 

I cupped his cheeks.. And bring him closer to my face...

Yn- just say it.. It is me... 

Tae nodded and sat up... I covered my upper body with the comforter and sat too... He ran his fingers through his hair a few times... And looking down he spoke...

Tae- I had my men tracking him.. And they think, not think but rather they are quite sure he is in philippines... He... My biological father... 

I stayed silent... Not knowing what to respond to him... 

Tae- he is going to attack again.. And I am pretty sure of that.. I have intelligence conforming to me... 

Yn- you have intelligence for these things???

Among all this misery I may have seen him smile a little... He felt proud of his arrangements... But he soon controlled his emotions...

Tae- i don't know why he is doing this... I knew he hates me and it is okay but I never imagined it to be this big of an issue.. 

He paused for a little while...

Tae- i am scared for you yn.. He knows that the most important thing in my life is you... And I don't want him to hurt you.. 

It is true that a shiver ran down my spine... And I am scared, but this is us.. I can't show that to him... 

Yn- you are here to protect me.. Aren't you?? 

He nodded..

Tae- yes.. 

Yn- i don't know what he wants and what not... The only thing I know is that if we are together we can do anything... 

I pecked his cheek while side hugging him... I saw a smile crept through his mouth... 

Tae- get ready... We are gonna go out today... 

When I showered and got ready as tae asked me to... I wore a soft blue flowy skirt with a simple white fitted tshirt..I decided to pair it with one of my black and white sneakers and  I went to his office to find him.. Tae was working on his laptop.. Typing something... When I entered the room he noticed me immediately. .

Tae- i will be done in minutes... 

I nodded... And take a look at his appearance.. Semi loose fit jeans, with a white shirt... His hair was falling neatly on his forehead.. Any girl will lose a breath seeing him.. I feel a little jealous as the thought comes to my mind.. I went close to him and noticed what is working on.. He is reviewing a plan of a project before submitting it to the client.... I saw various charts of expenses and due dates he is double checking. .. 

He completed the work rather soon.. And when closing the file I saw many red marks that he did and comments he added on the file.. He finally sent that to someone through email.. When the "sent" sign appeared... He immediately closed the laptop and looked at me with a smile... 

Yn- what is the project about??

Tae- we are building something... 

He stood up and came close to me.. Inhaling the smell of my hair... 

Yn- what are you building??

I asked from near his chest... He cupped my face and made me look up at him..

Tae- curiosity... You have a lot of it... We are building a port... So it was all the details about that... I had to check it... It had many wrong calculations. ..

Yn- wow... Port... Nice... 

Tae held my hand in his and started walking out of the room... 

Tae- would you like to know more about my work???

Yn- what  work??

Tae- not mafia stuff... Business stuff... 

Yn- I would love to... 

Tae- we are planning to build a series of ports throughout the Mediterranean coast.. Many countries fall in that region... I have a plan and am even talking with others, but first we need to make one perfectly to gain trust...

He said that calmly. .. Determination showing in his words.. I smile at him...

Yn- i didn't know you wanted to make ports... 

Tae smiled hearing me... His eyes shine when he genuinely smiles and this one was one of those. ..

Tae- i didn't.. I didn't have any plans on building ports..  But to grow business in any aspect means we have to sell stuff to other  countries,and if the medium of transportation is in our control it would be easy for us to do business... 

Yn- omg... Like really this is so cool. .

Tae smiled... And I think he felt happy that I was impressed by his work.. When we reached the car, he opened the door for me.. And start driving...