47. Pregnancy Test

I had three classes in college today.. 2 of them are done.. And one is left.. But there is time before the class, so I sat with Lisa in a cafe.. With our laptop opened in front of us.. Nobody in college spoke anything about yesterday.. They definitely saw tae yesterday here with me.. And they heard everything from those students, so they are pretending like I do not exist.. Which is really what I needed here.. I like being invisible for some time.. 

Lisa- why did we come to the cafe today??

Yn- i have to eat something.. And I don't like anything in the canteen.. So I am gonna eat here.. 

Lisa- but you never eat at this time..

Yn- i didn’t eat anything in the morning.. I threw up again in the morning.. So I just didn’t want to eat.. 

Lisa- you threw up again?? Are you alright??

Yn- i feel okay now.. Just tired, and my body is aching.. Tae asked me to not come today.. But you know Edison is here to look after me.. 

I turned to my back, to see Edison sitting at another table, sipping some coffee.. 

Lisa- yn.. Can I ask you something??

Yn- ya.. Ask me anything.. 

Lisa- did you take any pregnancy test??

I just became shocked.. And it is seen in my face.. 

Lisa- I don't mean to scare you.. It's just..

Yn- omg.. Lisa.. I think I didn't take my birth control in paris.. 

Lisa- what??

Somehow my mind just remembered it.. I forgot to take the pill after tae told me about his profession.. A teardrop escaped my eyes.. 

Lisa- calm down yn.. It means nothing.. You don’t get pregnant any day if you are not ovulating.. So don’t worry.. People have these symptoms when they forget to take the pills.. You know hormones are adjusting..

Yn- how can i forget?? How?? I have never forgotten taking them.. What happened to me?? I just forgot to take those for days.. 

I just started thinking about how many times we were together from that time.. And I started panicking.. Edison saw me in that state.. And came to me.. 

Edison- maam.. Are you alright??

Lisa- ya.. She is alright.. We would like to go home.. We need to do group study..

Edison looked at me for approval.. I nodded.. He nodded back.. Lisa stood straight.. And packed two sandwiches for us.. And then we hopped onto the car.. On the way home, Lisa asked Edison to stop the car in the supermarket that she needed to buy something and asked us to wait in the car.. Lisa came back in 5 minutes.. We soon headed home.. 

Reaching home, the first reaction of Lisa was awestruck.. She looked around the fields and garden with an open mouth.. 

Lisa- is this really where you live??

Yn- ya.. 

Lisa- can i stay with you permanently??

Although I am really nervous right now, her amusement brings a little smile to my face.. 

Yn- come in.. 

I pulled her into the house, and soon to our bedroom… Lisa sat in the bed with an open mouth.. Looking around.. 

Lisa- this is so beautiful.. Do those people work for you??

Yn- they are staff, taking care of the house..

Lisa- you definitely need staff to take care of this huge mansion.. 

Yn- did you buy it??

Lisa- what??

Yn- the test??

Lisa- yaa.. 

She pulled out several packets of test kit from her purse.. And handed those to me… I looked at them in horror.. I took them inside the washroom, while she stayed seated in the bed.. I peed and put the drops of it to the exact places it mentioned.. And then I have to wait.. I came out of the washroom.. And looked at her.. I saw a little concern in her eyes for me.. 

I sat beside her in the bed.. 

Lisa- don’t worry.. Whatever will happen will happen for the best.. 

Yn- but tae.. 

Lisa- didn’t you want to have kids forever??

Yn- yaa.. I still do.. But it was not planned.. And he doesn’t have a clue about it.. 

Lisa- doesn’t he want kids?

Yn- i don’t know.. 

Lisa- will he be angry??

Yn- if the result is positive then yes.. 

Lisa sighed.. And I am too nervous to even feel or think anything.. The only thing I can think of is how many times we made love during this time.. And all the time, he always came inside me.. 

Lisa- it is time to go yn.. Go check the results.. 

Yn- i don’t want to.. You go.. 

Lisa opened her mouth, trying to protest, but she closed in… and walked to the washroom.. And I am panicking.. And silence.. There is no sound coming from the washroom.. I looked at the door, and was still silent.. 

After some time.. She came out of the washroom.. Holding the tests I took.. I looked at her in hope for her answer..

Lisa- it’s positive..