61. Like Father, Like Son

Yn- 3 days.. 

Tae- and you didn't tell me??

Yn- i was going to... 

Tae- i had to hear this from that bastard who kidnapped you and tried his best to... 

He sighed looking down.. He kicked the stool near him with his right foot... It startled me.. I knew he would be angry, I knew he didn't want to be a father.. 

Yn- sorry.. Tae.. Plz listen to me.. 

Tae- what do I have left to listen to??

Yn- i was scared.. That you would be angry..

Tae- do I look calm and happy to you right now??

Yn- tae plz.. Listen to me.. 

Tae- how did it happen?? You were on birth control.. 

My heart skipped a beat.. And what I feared the most in the last few days came to me.. 

Yn- i forgot to take it in paris.. 

Tae chuckled... It was a mock towards me.. 

Tae- you forgot to take it?? Wow.. It is so simple.. You forgot to take it.. And here we are.. You are pregnant.. Who clearly cannot take care of herself.. How are you going to take care of a baby?? 

Yn- i also didn't want this to happen like this.. 

Tae- but it happened.. Bcz of your carelessness... Do you even know how to take care of a baby??

What suddenly happened to him.. He was so nice a moment ago.. And he heard about the baby from his enemy. I can understand, but he didn't mention anything about it to me before this.. And now he just suddenly became mad.. And I can see him fuming with anger.. 

Always my response with angry tae is to stay calm.. And listen to him.. I can talk and make my point when he would be calm.. But now.. He is talking about bunbun.. And I somehow feel really sad about it.. 

Tae- it is very easy to give birth to a baby..but it is really tough to take care of it.. 

Yn- tae listen to me.. Look, I am sorry.. I forgot to take the pill.. But that doesn't make the baby unwanted.. It is a gift tae.. 

Tae- gift?? From whom?? From god?? From when you started believing in these??? As long as I remember it was us, you and me, having sex, which created the baby.. So stop calling it a gift.. 

Yn- tae.. Stop it.. 

I was really angry.. He is just not listening and not understanding... 

Tae- your gift shouldn't be a curse to that thing in your tummy.. 

Yn- tae.. Stop it.. Stop, I said.. 

I wiped my tears away.. And I can't take it anymore.. I have to stop him speaking this rubbish.. 

Yn- this is our baby.. My little bunbun.. And it is not a thing... And definitely not unwanted.. You may feel like that.. You may not want little bunbun to come into this world.. But i, its  mother, i want it to see the world.. And if you can't take care of it then i am alone sufficient to take care of my baby.. 

Tae- I had to save you today.. What are you talking about taking care of a baby..

Yn- i was kidnapped bcz of you in the first place.. And today I learned not every man has the guts to take responsibility for his child.. Like father, like son.. 

Tae looked at me with eyes wide open.. His lips parted a little, maybe to say something.. But he didn't speak.. He just looked down and turned back and left the room in hurried steps..

I sighed and laid down in the bed.. I feel really tired 1stly due to the physical torture i went through last night and also bcz i am mentally tired.. 

I close my eyes.. Unknowingly I fell asleep.. When I woke up it was already lunchtime and the nurse bought me lunch.. 

Yn- where is taehyung?

Nurse- maam.. He left your room in the morning and got out of the hospital.. He hasn't even visited the doctor yet.. 

Yn- how long do i have to stay here?? 

Nurse- today only maam.. Just to be safe.. 

I nodded and started eating.. I think about tae and if he ate or not.. And I feel sorry for saying all this stuff to him.. Tears started flowing while I gulped the soup down.. 

Nurse- are you alright ma'am??

I wiped my tears away.. 

Yn- ya.. Ya..  I am fine.. 

Nurse- he loves you.. We can see that in his eyes.. He comes here often... I never saw him like this.. 

Yn- he comes here often?? 

Nurse- yes.. He is on the trusty board of the hospital.. Every month he donates billions of dollars for the hospital... 

Yn- ohhh... 

I didn't know this.. He never mentioned.. So I looked down in the soup again.. 

Nurse- usually he is intimidating.. He keeps his serious face and attends the meeting and leaves.. The doctors and other board members are always scared of him.. But today I saw him differently.. 

I looked up at her talking.. I didn't know this aspect of tae before.. 

Nurse- when he brought you here... He was begging the doctor to treat you.. And he stood here in the room while the doctor ran tests and did checkups.. Also he stayed beside you all the time.. He only left the room to do first aid minutes before you woke up.. 

Yn- ohh.. 

Nurse- i can see the love in his eyes.. Almost like it is paining him.. He loves you so much.. 

Yn- ya.. He does.. 

Nurse- isn't he very happy about the baby?? 

I looked up at her again... Startled by the sudden question.. 

Yn- ya.. He is.. 

Nurse- I wish all the best for you guys.. You two love each other so much.. And now a baby is on the way.. 

Yn- thank you.. This is very kind of you.. 

She smiled at me.. I smiled back at her while gulping down the soup.. The warmth of it running down through my cold feelings..