118. Funeral

The area was cold and damp.. Somehow it started raining in the middle of nowhere.. Although tae came here in the wheelchair, but, he requested to walk on the ground by himself.. And how can i deny him his request at his father's funeral.. At Least step father..

It was cold and the wind was not helping.. I pulled the coat around me closer to me.. Anna was there to help me, as tae was talking to his men, who were somehow back from the mission...

I sat on the bench in the cemetery waiting for the procedure to begin.. Tae came walking slowly to me, and sighed..

Tae whispered- the bodies are here...

My heart sank, but I nodded in reply.. There was a long car that stopped at the gate, and several coffins were pulled out and brought to the ground..

Tae spread his hands forward, and I stood up holding his hand.. He walked slowly.. And one after another everyone was buried... their name was announced and a prayer was done, and all there was, us.. Tae, me, anna, and other staff who worked for my husband..

Yn- where is their family???

Tae gulped down hearing me.. But my questioning look didn't stop..

Tae- they have no family...

Yn- none???

Tae stayed silent.. So as i..

After some time, they brought another coffin, that was Daejung's.. And as soon as I read the name, I looked at Tae's face... he seemed emotionless...

I don't know what is going on in his mind, but one thing i know for sure, what daejung did for us today, is not something to forget that easily.. He may be wrong or did a lot of wrong things, but he still sacrificed his life today for him, for Tae and me.. And even for my soon to be born kid... unknowingly a tear rolled down my eyes.. And I didn't stop it..

All the rituals were performed as it should be, until they asked tae to put dirt on the coffin, and tae sighed and did as he was asked.. Without showing any emotions, not sadness, not anger, nothing..

When he came back and stood beside me again, i hugged his arm...

***

When we reached home it was dark outside.. And I just wanted something warm to drink.. As I asked Anna, she gave me hot chocolate, although it is not winter, but the rain and the cold wind has made the weather remarkably colder.. So the hot chocolate was a welcoming comfort..

Tae came to the bedroom, and sat on the bed sighing..

Yn- what happened??? Do you want hot chocolate???

Tae smiled- no.. my men will be here in minutes.. I would drink coffee with them..

Yn- they will be here now???

Tae nodded..

Yn- but don't you need to rest??
Tae- i do... but before that.. We need to know every detail there is to know..

I don't know what to say anymore.. So I just sipped my drink..

Tae- ynahhh.. I know you are tired baby.. But just change your clothes quickly and come down.. Okay???

Yn- why me??

Tae- bcz you are as involved in this as i am... so you need to know.. And also you are my wife, you should know everything there is to know...

Yn pouted- but..

Tae- no.. baby.. You saw what just happened with me, with us.. And it is mandatory for you to know everything.. Please..