CHAPTER- 9

Author POV:

It had been a week and a half since Ace had become so captivated by Iris.

Her innocence and genuine nature were unlike anything he'd encountered before.

Most of the women in his life had their eyes set on his money, fame, or simply wanted to be close to him for the perks.

But Iris was different.

She seemed unaffected by the material trappings that usually surrounded him, and that was both refreshing and disorienting for Ace.

Over the past few days, Ace had been spending more time at his mansion, taking every opportunity to observe Iris's behavior.

He was fascinated by how she moved through the house, interacted with others, and carried herself with a kind of humility he hadn't encountered before.

For Athena, Ace's newfound interest in Iris was a constant source of frustration.

Whenever Iris was nearby, Ace's attention would shift from her, even if they are in the middle of a make out session.

It was as if Iris had become a magnet for his focus.

One afternoon, while Ace and Athena were fucking on a couch and he could see Iris from a distant.

So he fucked her hard as his eyes fixed on Iris's petite figure.

She was working in the garden. Covered in mud, engrossed in her task, oblivious to someone's lewd eyes.

From that minute Athena started to despise the little girl.

Athena's frustration was palpable, but Ace remained largely indifferent to her feelings. He did made it clear at first.

From the start, he had made it clear that his relationship with Athena was purely physical.

As salary day approached, Ace decided to implement a new plan.

He hoped that by doing so, he could create a situation where she would have to engage with him directly, thereby making it easier for him to understand her better.

Iris POV:

Finally, today was the day!

I had been eagerly awaiting this moment, thinking about how I could finally buy some new undergarments for myself.

The ones I'd been using were hand-me-downs from one of the other maids, and they were way too big for me.

Being only 5′0" while everyone else towered around 5′6" or taller made finding clothes that fit a bit of a challenge.

As I waited in line, I could barely contain my excitement.

Ivan was handing out the pay, and with each person who received their money, my anticipation grew.

The line seemed to stretch on forever, and I fidgeted with impatience.

I was the last one in line, so close yet so far from my goal.

When my turn finally came, I could barely keep still.

But then, disaster struck. Ivan began to walk away, and I realized he hadn't given me my money.

"Sir, you forgot to give me my money!" I called out, my voice laced with desperation as I hurried to catch up with him.

Ivan barely spared me a glance. "I didn't forget, Shortie. Your name isn't on this list," he said, pointing to a document with a dismissive wave.

My heart sank. "But why? I've done all my work perfectly and haven't taken any leave!" I protested.

"Talk to the boss," he said, turning away without another word.