CHAPTER- 78

Ace POV:

I frowned as I gently shook her body, trying to wake her up.

Her forehead was covered in beads of sweat, and her palms were tightly clenched into fists.

She was curled up tightly inside the blanket, looking like a little ball of exhaustion.

I had been trying to rouse her for the past minute, but she seemed to be sleeping as if she were a sloth, utterly oblivious to the world.

It was already past 6:30 a.m., and she was still deep in slumber.

"Mini!" I called out loudly, my concern evident as I grabbed the blanket and yanked it away from her body.

The sudden cold made her eyes snap open, and she squinted at me, breathing heavily as she tried to adjust to the abrupt wake-up call.

"Ace," her voice came out in a coarse, groggy whisper, still half-asleep.

Slowly, very slowly, she sat up and looked at me, her eyes struggling to focus.

"Good morning," she murmured, her gaze drifting over me from top to bottom as if trying to make sense of my presence.

"Morning, my sweet Mini," I said, a frown forming on my face as I observed her sleepy state. "You're late for college," I pointed out, trying to get her to understand the urgency of the situation.

She nodded her head slowly, still seemingly half-asleep.

"Are you okay, bambi? Was it a nightmare or something?" I asked, concern lacing my voice as I sat down beside her on the bed.

Without warning, she rolled away from me and fell off the bed onto the floor. My eyes widened in alarm as I watched her stumble.

Worry etched across my face, I saw her quickly scramble to her feet and make a dash for the bathroom.

However, she stumbled again and fell briefly before managing to get up and run the rest of the way.

Her small form vanished into the bathroom, and she slid the door shut behind her, locking it.

I glanced at the bed and noticed some blood patches on the sheets. A sigh escaped my lips as I realized why she had rushed to the bathroom.

It was because she had stained the sheets. Silly girl.

I set about changing the sheets, putting on a fresh set for her.

I also placed a dress on the bed, hoping it would be something she would feel comfortable wearing once she emerged from the bathroom.

I didn't quite understand why she felt so embarrassed about her own periods when I was completely at ease with it.

My feet made soft thudding noises against the floor as I waited for Mini. I had a comb in my hand and a small stool placed in front of me, prepared to help her with her hair.

Last night, she had stayed up a little later than usual, busy with wrapping Liam's gift and watching cartoons.

The gift was wrapped in glittery paper and had a ribbon, its shape rectangular and neatly done.

Although she wouldn't tell me what the gift was, she had written my name on it.

I don't have the heart to tell her the truth.

The party wasn't just a simple celebration; it was going to be a mix of business partners, relatives, mafia clients, and our own mafia organization members.

It was far from a typical kids' birthday party.

Seeing her excitement, I have instructed the guys to accept the gift without revealing anything.