CHAPTER- 81

Ace POV:

I sat down on the bar stool rewarding myself with a protein shake after exercising for 2 hours. 

It was 6 in the morning and I was sitting in the kitchen. 

I had another important task ahead - waking up my Mini.

Suddenly, the kitchen was filled with a burst of energy as Su walked in, her voice bouncing off the walls, "Good morning!".

She greeted me with her typical enthusiasm.

“Where's Felix?” She asked, preparing a black tea for herself. 

I merely shrugged, my mind too occupied with thoughts of my Mini to spare any for Felix.

“So, how was your sleep?” she asked. 

I looked at her, raising my eyebrows. 

“Good,” I murmured. 

She nodded her head, smiling. 

Maybe she didn't hear anything. Well I don't give a fuck if they heard it or not. But my Mini cares. 

“Good morning…daddy” 

I rolled my eyes as Felix sat beside me, of course smirking. 

“Felix” Su tapped his shoulder, giggling. 

“Oh come on! He's a nasty fucker maybe he wanted us to hear” Felix wiggled his eyebrow. 

“Were you eavesdropping?” I asked. 

“Oh please!..” He exaggerated. 

I shot him a knowing smirk, shaking my head and letting out a light-hearted sigh. 

"Ahhh!"

Out of nowhere, an unexpected scream pierced through the house.

Our heads instinctively swiveled towards the source of the sound. 

"Who do you think that was?" Felix whispered.

"I think...it was Aiden," Su responded quietly. 

But what if it was Iris?

A wave of relief washed over me as I spotted Aiden's disgruntled face. 

She's safe.

"Ace, your girl nearly gave me a heart attack this morning," he said, casting a glance behind him.

A whimper echoed in the kitchen as a petite figure appeared inside the kitchen. 

In a sudden movement, she threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck and leaning her whole body weight onto mine.

Caught off guard, I staggered, my hand reaching out to grip the counter to prevent us both from falling.

The familiar smell of Iris filled my senses, and I found my voice softening as I asked her, "What happened, Mini?” I murmured, pressing a tender kiss on her cheeks. 

She was laying against me like a dead body. Numb

“When I walked out the room, she fucking stood in the corner like a ghost. Mostly her hair startled me” Aiden said, his voice filled with hatred. 

“Oh!....you were the one who screamed” Felix commented, laughing. 

He punched his back as Felix started to laugh, loudly. 

Iris lifted her head, meeting my gaze, emotionlessly. 

A soft hum left my lips and I raised my eyebrows.