CHAPTER- 72

Iris POV:

"How about a suit?" I suggested while sipping my orange juice.

"No, he has tons of suits in his closet, but that idiot insists on wearing jeans and shirts every single day," Hudson grumbled.

I laughed. "What about a wallet?" I asked.

Hudson shook his head, and I slumped back in my seat.

Liam's birthday was coming up, and we couldn't decide what to buy for him. He has everything.

Ace gave me a card and told me to use it, but I prefer to use my own money.

His exact words were, "Buy whatever you want, don't worry about spending too much, love."

Should I be happy about it or sad? I just feel guilty.

Hudson and I are out shopping for Liam's birthday gifts.

Everyone else gave Hudson a list of what they wanted to buy, but I wanted to choose a gift for Liam myself.

Their exact words were, "If he shows up on his birthday, that would be a bigger surprise than a stupid gift."

They're all buying gifts out of formality.

Since they had other important things to do, they handed their lists to Hudson.

Weird. Very weird.

"Hmm.. How about perfume?" Hudson suggested.

"He smells like burnt wire every day," he added, sulking.

I shook my head, chuckling. "Let's start then," I said, standing up from the chair.

With that, we began our shopping. I looked at the list and scoffed.

Everyone had written down only two items: "Blue color suit and black shoes."

After half an hour, we finished our shopping.

"Thank you," I said, bowing to the guard who took the bags from me.

"It's my duty, ma'am," he replied in a monotone, his expression stoic.

I bowed to him gratefully, appreciating his help.

Hudson then said, "One minute," and walked away, leaving me momentarily alone.

As I stood in the parking area alone, my eyes wandered aimlessly, lost in thought until a shrill voice calling out "Daddy" jolted me out of my reverie.

I turned and saw a little girl, her face beaming with joy, eagerly hugging her father.

A feeling of unease crept into my stomach as I watched their tender moment.

"Did you come here for me?" The little girl asked with her bright eyes and little broken teeth.

"Of course, I missed you baby" His response, filled with warmth and love.

I couldn't help but frown as their interaction played out before me, a twinge of jealousy clouding my thoughts.

I turned away only to accidentally bump into a solid male chest.

"Sorry," I mumbled under my breath.

"Iris," Hudson's voice, tinged with concern.

"Let's go," I urged, my voice catching slightly as I cleared my throat.

His hand palmed my cheeks, gently.

"I know," Hudson's words, accompanied by a soft smile that reached his eyes.

I bit down on my cheeks, a habit of restraint, shaking my head slightly.