ʟxxɪɪ. ɪ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ, ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏ ᴇᴀꜱʏ ᴏɴ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ

Finally, the day of the tournament arrived and Halley was practically jumping from excitement and nervousness

Finally, the day of the tournament arrived and Halley was practically jumping from excitement and nervousness. It was her first ever tournament and she felt ready but at the same time not, there was a lot of pressure. She was doing some last minute breathing exercises as she tried to remember both the things Daniel had teached her and the things she had learned from Johnny.

"Can you stop pacing" Halley opened her eyes as Demetri turned to look at her, still pacing

"I'm nervous! I'm allowed to pace!" he said exasperated "How are you so calm?"

"I'm not" she shook her head and got up to grab her friend and stop his pacing "I'm freaked out too, the fate of the dojo pretty much falls on me and Sam"

"Then, why aren't you pacing?"

"Oh, I did a lot of that yesterday" she assured with a nod "And surprisingly, Johnny's advice helped me to stop freaking out"

"Johnny Lawrence?!" His eyes widened "You're talking about the same guy who tried to get all of us to jump off a building?!"

"He has questionable methods" she winced and Demetri nodded because they both knew that was an understatement "But he gives pretty good advice to be honest. He gave me an advice that day at the rooftop"

"Okay, maybe I'm wrong but if his advice made you jump from a roof, I would seriously question the kinds of things he's saying" he shrugged and Halley laughed

"The point is, you'll do great. I've seen how good you've gotten, before you couldn't even attempt to land a kick on me, the other day you landed one at practice"

"You were going easy on me" he refuted

"I wasn't, I never go easy on anyone" now, that was a lie, but he didn't need to know that "You are good, and you need to believe that if you're going up in that mat. We all believe in you Dem, you just need to believe it yourself" she squeezed his shoulder and left to reunite with the rest of the Miyagi-dos that were waiting for the call to go out

♢♢♢

Halley looked at her phone one more time, the last message she had sent to her mother left unread, she had been calling both of them all week to get them to come to the tournament, they missed her prom and honestly, she didn't really care about that, but she wanted the support of her mom and dad in that day, because, she loved Amanda and Daniel but they weren't her parents and the fact that the only answer she had received from them was a 'We'll see' from her dad and a 'We're very busy sweetheart' from her mom, it made her heart hurt.

"This sensei and dojo need no introduction" Halley left her phone with a sigh when she heard the presenter start to mention the dojos "He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and 85 and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year, this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. They've got some new fighters, and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi-Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion, Daniel LaRusso!" they could hear everyone cheering as they walked in their sight.

They stood in their place and the presenter continued with his speech

"This next dojo took last year's title. But they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last year's runner up. He may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions and still most the badass name for a dojo, here comes Cobra Kai!" they walked in with Silver and Kreese leading them, they couldn't lie, they did look pretty intimidating and as much as she didn't wanted too, Halley's eyes roamed around the group, first seeing Angela with her chin high and arrogance rolling off her and then they fell on Erick who just look plain scary, the look he had in his eyes was one she knew all too well and it brought chills to her body

"And finally, this dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year, a new dojo rises up the ranks. Does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome Eagle Fang Karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence and defending champion Miguel Diaz!"

Johnny and Daniel looked at each other from the corner of their eyes, both knowing what was to come and that if Cobra kai ended up on top of both of them, then it would be over for the dojos

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned Grand Champion. Welcome to the 51st annual All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament!" Everyone on the stands cheered and clapped already hyped about all of the fighting they were gonna be seeing "It's Karate time"

The skills competition started and it was going well for all three dojos, Halley looked as Demetri and Chris absolutely nailed their acts, but so did Miguel, Devon, Kenny and Robby. So all three of them were pretty equal on the scores. Halley was up after Sam, her hands gripping tightly the Nunchaku and taking a breath in as she looked to the public, she got ready to make the performance of her life. And so she did, she emptied her head of thoughts as focused on not hitting her face with the Nunchaku.

When she was done and leaving the mat she saw her uncle nodding proudly her way and her cousin smiling up at her. That meant she did okay, so she sighed in relief and went to stand besides Eli who nudged her with a smile. It was now Eli's turn,

"You got this" she whispered before he went on the mat, and just as she knew he would, he was doing amazing, until it came down to the last board, it was a big jump and he didn't manage to break it. Halley winced and felt her uncle and cousin besides her do the same.

She could see the disappointment on his face as he left the mat, those points were what they needed to maintain their advantage over Cobra Kai. When Eli came back to his spot, Halley wrapped an arm around his waist and squeezed lightly.

Eagle Fang was also doing well, until Assface's stick slipped his grip and almost hit the judges. And Devon missed to break one of her boards. And both dojos accepted defeat in that division when Kyler nailed his act

"And just like that, Miyagi-do has been like snake bit, as Cobra Kai take the lead, with our qualifier rounds up next"

"I can't believe Cobra Kai beat us in skills" Chris complained looking at them

"I thought we have that one in the bag" Sam agreed

"It's my fault. I couldn't break the last board. I'm really sorry" Eli apologized looking at everyone

"Okay. Forget that. You all did great" Daniel interrupted "Besides, we're right on their heels. This is far from over"

Hello, hello

I didn't go into much description about the Skills competition because honestly, I don't know the first thing about Karate and you already saw the show, if you want to see what it looks like go and watch the cepisode again.

This past few days I've realized that I'm a complete idiot and that I like to make things more complicated for myself, like, I'm struggling to even finish this fanfic because of my busy schedule but two weeks ago in my 2:00am delusion I decided that It was a good idea to start writing two other fanfiction :) I literally want to kill myself because now that's the only thing I think about.