Chapter 2

Period 1 for Deena was History. Deena never really took much interest in her subjects, but she did well nonetheless.

She made her way to her table at the back of the class, where she's sat by herself for the past 3 years. She opened her notebook and rested her head against the wall while the buzz of the class died down when the teacher entered.

The teacher entered with someone a lot younger than him, a blonde. A teachers aid wasn't unusual, sometimes college students studying teachings would have work placements like this. Deena began thinking about the dream she had this morning. She missed it a lot. Dammit Josh. Her thoughts were interrupted by the teachers shift from a voice that usually droned on, to excitement.

"I would like you all to meet a new student. I wont bother her with questions about herself, I'm sure she'll be introduced in every other class you have with her today. This is Samantha Fraser."

The blonde girl that Deena now knew by Samantha walked towards her nonchalantly. Deena was confused, then realised her seat was the only one left in the class. She sighed to herself and moved her notebook to her side of the desk. First time in three years she has ever had to share her desk.

The girl sat down and flashed her a quick smile that Deena didn't return. She put her head down and started drawing on her paper. Deena watched her and smirked a little to herself. She had the silkiest hair, and she smelled so strongly of vanilla. The scent was addictive and drowned out every other smell Deena could sense. She didn't realise she was staring at her until Samantha turned around and flashed her another smile.

"You're Samantha?"

"Just Sam, please" she smiled.

Deena returned her a small grin and tried to focus on her work instead of the vanilla scent coming from the blonde.

The hour passed quick, and she had Chemistry with Kate next. They met up together and sat on their usual table, when the teacher walked in with Sam again and did a similar introduction. Kate waved for her to come sit at the bench.

"What are you doing?" Deena whispered.

"That's the new cheerleader. I wanna find out why she didn't show up to practice." Kate whispered back.

Sam pulled up a chair and sat with them.

"Hi Kate. Sorry I wasn't at practice this morning, my mother has been really strict on me since moving to this highschool. She drove me here this morning and even picked out my clothes. I'm scared she's going to try and wipe my ass herself next." said Sam.

Kate giggled with Sam, and Deena gave a little smirk, not looking up and focusing on drawing in her notebook.

"I never got to ask by the way, what's your name?" Sam asked Deena.

"Deena Johnson" replied Deena.

Sam scoffed and turn away to try and stop herself from laughing. Deena looked up.

"What's so funny, Fraser?" snarked Deena.

"Nothing.. just.. Johnson? Like the daughter of Craig Johnson?" asked Sam, still stifling her laughs.

"Yeah, what's it to you?"

"It's just that he is so pathetic..my mum and I always see him stumbling back home drunk at 7 am. I kinda feel sorry for you" Sam replied.

Kate's mouth dropped and Deena felt her blood begin to boil. She bit the inside of her cheek and leaned in to Sam's face, making her slightly uncomfortable.

"What the fuck did you just say to me, Fraser?" whispered Deena, in a voice that sounded so calm and quiet that it terrified Kate.

"I said that your Dad is pathetic. And my name is Sam, not Fraser. I'm not sure you'd like everyone else to know you're also a Johnson considering the state of your father.." Sam replied inching away from Deena.